Low Km 993 wanted...will pay top $$$

mqc993

Sorry D banger...a bit slow on the typing. With all the market movement does it still add up to 185k for this car, maybe it does. Sorry, forgot to mention the car was on carsales, not many details or photos.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is the link

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1997/SSE-AD-3302859/?Cr=1

I'm happy to be corrected, but I reckon pre boom low mileage 993tt would fetch $150. We've verybrecently seen 2 go at CTS for $200k. So that is + 33%. Extrapolating this to the 993C2S manual comes to around $160 ish. Plus super low mileage and desirable colour combo.

Wow $185k. If that sells I give up trying to understand market forces. Nice car but.....wow.

A little more effort with photos and non-Carsales standard description wouldn't hurt.

That is nuts!!!

$185K for a S??? 

Don't get me wrong, as I'm pleased that values seem to be high.

However, could almost buy a very nice 997 GT3 for that............Or a Cayman GT4!

• 1 month later...

As advised by fellow PFA members...refresh my original post. I am still happy to pay good money for a low km example of a 993 (i just wont pay stupid money). I must confess though, as every 993 comes on the market at some seriously hopeful pricing, I find myself modifying the third key number in my search criteria to a '7' instead of a '3'...

As advised by fellow PFA members...refresh my original post. I am still happy to pay good money for a low km example of a 993 (i just wont pay stupid money). I must confess though, as every 993 comes on the market at some seriously hopeful pricing, I find myself modifying the third key number in my search criteria to a '7' instead of a '3'...

"Will pay top $$$"

Sorry, 'will pay top dollar' not 'stupid money'.

Fyi. There has been a 20k price drop in the black on black 993 listed today in a matter of six hours...please ignore me, I am just a frustrated buyer.

Sorry, 'will pay top dollar' not 'stupid money'.

Fyi. There has been a 20k price drop in the black on black 993 listed today in a matter of six hours...please ignore me, I am just a frustrated buyer.

What do you think the Black 993 is worth in this market?

Asking price is different from selling price.  You never know what the sellers situation is.

A market exists when the supply curve meets the demand curve.

In this seller's market, the demand curve has to shift and expectations of those who are buying need to adjust their "top dollar".

I've started to thin out the garage as I'm a driver and for the money now, there are other cars out there that provide a better driving experience. My two cents worth

• 2 weeks later...

993's For Sale update for all.

Are they really sold once removed from carsales?

Is there a lot of 'feeling'going on by car dealers and private sellers?

No speculating here, i've been speaking to all of the owners.

-Black on Black manual S 45k km @ $200k plus...interest from overseas for more money then us Aussies would pay. Wouldnt entertain my offer based on values/discussions on PFA.

-Black on Black manual 86k km (rapid price dropping car with techart wing)...far from perfect car, owner honest enough to tell me his best offer was no where near his last advertised price of $110k. Took off market.

-White on Black Manual techart wing Qld...not a single piece of history on the car, at all. Took off market.

-Current black on black tip 75k. Rust in the usual spots (dont know about this rust thing, mine never had it) couple of electronics not working, service history first ten or so years, owner then turned mechanic and does things himself.

The only cars that 'actually' sold in the last eight weeks that were of interest were the black Tip in WA for $52k along with one I came across one week too late through PCNSW - Silver manual 57k kms $90k.

Will have to keep waiting!!!

Bang-for-bucks you cannot go wrong with the CL45 AMG or wait till next year for the C450 (based on C-platform so more refined than CLA45 and not quite as aggressive as it's big brother C63). 

993's For Sale update for all.

Are they really sold once removed from carsales?

Is there a lot of 'feeling'going on by car dealers and private sellers?

No speculating here, i've been speaking to all of the owners.

-Black on Black manual S 45k km @ $200k plus...interest from overseas for more money then us Aussies would pay. Wouldnt entertain my offer based on values/discussions on PFA.

-Black on Black manual 86k km (rapid price dropping car with techart wing)...far from perfect car, owner honest enough to tell me his best offer was no where near his last advertised price of $110k. Took off market.

-White on Black Manual techart wing Qld...not a single piece of history on the car, at all. Took off market.

-Current black on black tip 75k. Rust in the usual spots (dont know about this rust thing, mine never had it) couple of electronics not working, service history first ten or so years, owner then turned mechanic and does things himself.

The only cars that 'actually' sold in the last eight weeks that were of interest were the black Tip in WA for $52k along with one I came across one week too late through PCNSW - Silver manual 57k kms $90k.

Will have to keep waiting!!!

Wow! Interesting.

Thanks for posting that info. Lots of fishing going on then. I've always thought if you put a car up for sale, you actually want to sell it for the going market rate!

Archived