996 GT3 Purchase

It still has sweet fuck all mileage on it. It's not like one is on 150,000km and the other 300,000km.. They're all sub 100,000kms. Barely broken in ;)

Double the kms at this age is probably a good thing, at least it has been driven! You're not going to break it by driving it..

I can't understand not wanting to put miles on one... I'm currently at 84,000 km's now. 

I see 6.1's are all but dried up on supply! 6.2's are not getting cheaper and there is sweet FA 997's on the market. 

I would say if you have been thinking GT3 the last couple of years, the time is nigh :ph34r:  Hugh  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Has to be. I remember seeing that on carsales two years ago before the last guy picked it up, it was advertised for 139K. I thought at the time, ridiculous price for a 996 even though it only had 6K on the clock. Now the current sale price seems spot on. Amazing how much difference two years makes. I just hope the 996 doesnt fall victim to the "park it or slash the price" mentality that currently applies to 997s (mostly in the US). I'm not done enjoying mine!

Has to be. I remember seeing that on carsales two years ago before the last guy picked it up, it was advertised for 139K. I thought at the time, ridiculous price for a 996 even though it only had 6K on the clock. Now the current sale price seems spot on. Amazing how much difference two years makes. I just hope the 996 doesnt fall victim to the "park it or slash the price" mentality that currently applies to 997s (mostly in the US). I'm not done enjoying mine!

Honestly I am happy if the values of these cars stay just stable at the $100K ~ mark. 

I don't want to own a car that becomes so damn expensive that I'll have an anxiety attack every time I take it out of the garage! 

I got to say, with the air-cooled prices how they are... they are fast losing ownership appeal to me. 

Honestly I am happy if the values of these cars stay just stable at the $100K ~ mark.

I don't want to own a car that becomes so damn expensive that I'll have an anxiety attack every time I take it out of the garage!

I got to say, with the air-cooled prices how they are... they are fast losing ownership appeal to me.

Mate the way the air cooled prices are going I'm thinking I could sell mine, get into a 996 GT3 & in five years the GT3 will have gone up in value.

Black one is sold, last listed at $97K 

Cheapest 6-3 is now $110k ... seems like the few that are on the market are fairly nice ones too! 

I noticed it was gone earlier today...............It was dropped to 94k then went back up to 97k? 

You're not alone - try having an Aussie '65 911 in the garage. Terrifying.