996 GT3 Purchase

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 7:27 AM, symsy said:

Reminds me of the red 2004 GT3 that was air freighted here by Porsche for the 2005 Mt Buller sprint for Alex Davison to drive 

Skip to 24:30 & 42:00 

• 2 weeks later...

Some really nice 996 GT3 (Mk2s) currently hitting the market , following appears to be a low KM really nice Clubsport at @ $147K (which 18 months ago would have sold in a week?)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-5598951/?Cr=0

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04

On 8/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, James P said:

Reminds me of the red 2004 GT3 that was air freighted here by Porsche for the 2005 Mt Buller sprint for Alex Davison to drive 

Skip to 24:30 & 42:00 

Not this car, e.g. this red GT3 is a Touring and the clip car is a Clubsport _ BTW I met the owner at a Vic C&C, really nice/knowable car guy that bought the car from Rob @ RSR Garage (notice the picture location near the Yarra and the sticker in the Qtr window) some years ago and has used it infrequently since. Super clean/nice GT3.

21 minutes ago, 901er said:

Think I would have swapped the originals back on: "The Car also comes with original steering wheel and factory wheels".

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 10:01 AM, Windsor289 said:

996 GT3 (Mk 2) added to carsales ($150 K). Remember this car for sale 18 months ago, same seller (SA) must not have sold ?, Looks a beautiful example?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-3944037/?Cr=1

Hi All,  I’m new to the PFA, but really enjoying reading all the content & information by fellow Porsche enthusiasts.

Best of all, I purchased this car & took delivery of it yesterday.  Seller was a ripping guy to deal with & the car is sensational. My favorite colour too!

Sold my guards red ‘85 Carrera 10 years ago, and have missed 911 ownership ever since (not to mention watching the prices skyrocket!).  Been hunting a special Porsche over past 12 months, so I’m absolutely stoked to have a GT3 in my garage.  

Can’t wait for some spirited drives through the Adelaide hills !!

Hello Rick. Welcome to the club! I purchased a GT3 a few months ago after doing a bunch of soul searching over what my next Pcar should be. I went with a 996 GT3 as they are weird in that in many ways they are the first of the modern Porsches, however are also represent the last of the 'simple' 911 in many ways. They are relatively quick, however can still be fun to drive at legal speeds. Your example looks very nice, I hope you get to enjoy if for many miles.

50 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Hi All,  I’m new to the PFA, but really enjoying reading all the content & information by fellow Porsche enthusiasts.

Best of all, I purchased this car & took delivery of it yesterday.  Seller was a ripping guy to deal with & the car is sensational. My favorite colour too!

Sold my guards red ‘85 Carrera 10 years ago, and have missed 911 ownership ever since (not to mention watching the prices skyrocket!).  Been hunting a special Porsche over past 12 months, so I’m absolutely stoked to have a GT3 in my garage.  

Welcome Rick, very cool first post :wub::wub::wub:

15 hours ago, Rick V said:

Well done mate stunning car! Looking forward to seeing it around Adelaide ?

30 minutes ago, edgy said:

Well done, nice pick up. 

I honestly think the 996 GT3 is a relative bargain when you consider what air-cooled 911 is going for! 

Buy em now fellas and drive the wheels off them before the speculators come back.... :D

Couldn’t agree more Edgy.... My 3.2 Carrera put a smile on my face every time I got in it, (& I get the whole classic,  & ac vs wc thing) but for similar money these days, the GT3 is in another league.  

And whilst I like a broad range of cars and makes (not just Pcars) when a mate pays $165K for a Torana, Vs what the GT3’s are currently going for (circa $150K) I’m left scratching my head?! 

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Couldn’t agree more Edgy.... My 3.2 Carrera put a smile on my face every time I got in it, (& I get the whole classic,  & ac vs wc thing) but for similar money these days, the GT3 is in another league.  

And whilst I like a broad range of cars and makes (not just Pcars) when a mate pays $165K for a Torana, Vs what the GT3’s are currently going for (circa $150K) I’m left scratching my head?! 

Whilst I'm obviously biased, not a lot of cars @150k that can give the type and level of drive that a 14+ year old GT3 can. They are highly underrated cars.