996 GT3 Purchase

51 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Great article - MMM great car, a proper homoligation special, understated.  Only 17 came into Australia. We used to have 5 in PCQ, now only 2,remain. 1 Red, 1 Blue.

Significant Porsche 

What I’d do to turn back the clock and buy one at the same $$$ I got into my 7.1 ? 

definitely missed that boat 

54 minutes ago, symsy said:

GT3 tyre kickers … thoughts ??  Anyone know the car ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2000/SSE-AD-5605233/?Cr=48

Thoughts? Surprised you asked Steve, my thoughts are jump in your GT3 and get on up there, you'd have a deposit down in less than an hour!

1 minute ago, Troubleshooter said:

Thoughts? Surprised you asked Steve, my thoughts are jump in your GT3 and get on up there, you'd have a deposit down in less than an hour!

They wouldnt take 100k mate ..the markets stalled, with the price of petrol mate , I already did one tank of 98 today , its quicker just to call…  old  bubble tactics .. new world prices ;)

1 hour ago, dipstick said:

Oh, in four pictures the car has the wrong rims.:CoolDance:

Let the Bs flow.

Dont worry mate , just for you , if I have the inclination and fat in the morning about I promise to just ring and go knock on their door.. 

I am intrigued though what the PFA photo forensic analysis turns  up :) 

I cant promise i will post my pictures,  its just too fricken hard on this forum..

I did notice some lube marks on the front roll cage.. and it dont look like mobile 1 and im sure that fire extinguisher will be a bit out of date 

Are the harnesses , anyone got super zoom on their phone ;) I would be buggered if I would drive a car with old harnesses and a dodgy extinguisher that fast 

Thank god the GT3 badge is on straight and they werent too over zealous with the super glue

9 hours ago, GRK930 said:

The petrol filler lid is the wrong colour black.

Are you sure? Jim 

Seriously GT3 MK1/MK2 owners … is this a good specimen or not , to store and hold? Any obvous pointers.. im not up to speed on these cars at a deep level..and was thinking as the RS 's dont seem to be falling .. to spread my dosh across two GT cars .  The market is flat as a pancake, perhaps softened a little but thes cars will have a bottom..  good cars got to 90-110k pre bubble , im not sure we will see that again.  Possibly ever.. whats the vies on the GT3 market place?

I think the 997 GT3 market is in a worse place at present .

Comments?

On 10/6/2018 at 6:31 PM, Jason A said:

Great article - MMM great car, a proper homoligation special, understated.  Only 17 came into Australia. We used to have 5 in PCQ, now only 2,remain. 1 Red, 1 Blue.

Significant Porsche 

And 2 in Tassie PCT (that I know of), both red used to be 3.  

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Seriously GT3 MK1/MK2 owners … is this a good specimen or not , to store and hold? Any obvous pointers.. im not up to speed on these cars at a deep level..and was thinking as the RS 's dont seem to be falling .. to spread my dosh across two GT cars .  The market is flat as a pancake, perhaps softened a little but thes cars will have a bottom..  good cars got to 90-110k pre bubble , im not sure we will see that again.  Possibly ever.. whats the vies on the GT3 market place?

I think the 997 GT3 market is in a worse place at present .

Comments?

I like the spec of that car, its got all the track equipment in place (alas as you say you'd want to check all consumables are within date, not a deal breaker) from the full cage, wheels and steering wheel, it appears to have done track work, which for me, is the kinda example I would buy to drive. I wouldn't think its a good short term speculation given the typical buyer, but long term, these things matter less and less... If you like it and its a good car, buy it and enjoy it. 

I think there is a lot of unrealistic 997 owners, I mean, think back to the peak market 15/16... even then, $200k + was pushing it for a 7.1, but some sellers are still asking this money and cars are not moving... and then there is the 7.2 market, don't start me. :lol:

RS is an interesting topic I think... I have that 7.1 pumpkin book marked, lets see where it ends up moving 

3 minutes ago, edgy said:

RS is an interesting topic I think... I have that 7.1 pumpkin book marked, lets see where it ends up moving 

Yup good points...

I know the owner of your pumpkin car I think ;) I gotta certain grey one book marked too mate..

31 minutes ago, symsy said:

Yup good points...

I know the owner of your pumpkin car I think ;) I gotta certain grey one book marked too mate..

:D 

So objectively you cannot justify the RS... but that is not how you buy one I guess? 

The RS market seems to be working itself out still, on all fronts... 996 RS being the rarest of them all, what are those trading at currently? 

No idea @edgy  but I guess if your gonna have a car that sits around with you thinking .. fark I got all that cash sitting there and probably dont drive it enough.. it mights as well be an RS something…. with a 997 I guess you basically paying for stickers over our cars..

now to consider coffee run to biggera waters or have the biggera ideas of RS got more appeal..

12 minutes ago, symsy said:

No idea @edgy  but I guess if your gonna have a car that sits around with you thinking .. fark I got all that cash sitting there and probably dont drive it enough.. it mights as well be an RS something…. with a 997 I guess you basically paying for stickers over our cars..

now to consider coffee run to biggera waters or have the biggera ideas of RS got more appeal..

I know most investment good practices suggest you to spread your risk, but instead of having 2 x GT3 CS, I think the better use of 300 odd grand is to dump it all into a 996 RS, I really believe we will look back in 10 years and regret not jumping in when we could, hell I already feel stupid for not buying in the high 100's... because a 996 GT3 was only circa $100k then, I thought it was stupid to pay double the money for one :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Well @ $349K another drop, around $80K less than the top of the market. 

And another at Dutton https://duttongarage.com/car/2004-porsche-911-996-gt3-rs-2/ $389k 

1 hour ago, dipstick said:

Dutton car was sitting at $370k a few weeks ago.

I remeber a red one fs on carsales many years back for around 125k, it lasted less than a day.

Wow @dipstick I must admit I didn’t see the RS @ $125K, but it did come and go pretty quick by the sound of it.

As is recall $160 - $170K was the bottom in 2013.

I have been watching the 996 GT3 market for about the last 10 years, recall the lows and the highs

I’ll admit that I don’t completely understand the value proposition of a 996 Rs or a 997rs for that matter. The differences over a stock “CS” don’t just add up for me or am I missing something? 

@hugh don’t disagree, but not much difference between most muscle cars and a stock V8 edition from the factory - except the price now and the small volumes.

Oh and don’t forget the stickers ?

When the difference was 50-60k was possibly a bit more palitable, but the difference today is vast.

Only time will tell

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, symsy said:

GT3 tyre kickers … thoughts ??  Anyone know the car ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2000/SSE-AD-5605233/?Cr=48

Did the .1 GT3s come with the cloth/ Nomex seats? I thought all .1 GT3s were delivered with leather on the bucket seats.