996 GT3 Purchase

9 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Did the .1 GT3s come with the cloth/ Nomex seats? I thought all .1 GT3s were delivered with leather on the bucket seats.

GT3 Clubsport = Nomex

GT3 = Leather  

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I’ll admit that I don’t completely understand the value proposition of a 996 Rs or a 997rs for that matter. The differences over a stock “CS” don’t just add up for me or am I missing something? 

Oh I understand, objectively they don’t.

All about the vibe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_HhPBuy46rqlEE8CWB-x

10 hours ago, hugh said:

I’ll admit that I don’t completely understand the value proposition of a 996 Rs or a 997rs for that matter. The differences over a stock “CS” don’t just add up for me or am I missing something? 

It's like a Banksy artwork, shred one after auction and now it's worth more.  rarity = value apparently.  What a crazy world we live in.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

It's like a Banksy artwork, shred one after auction and now it's worth more.  rarity = value apparently.  What a crazy world we live in.

Totally. Marketing department is definitely earning their keep. 

35 minutes ago, symsy said:

So it seems 135k for the MK1  must be about right and the fast market sale and response represents that..  Maybe a it sold for a little less .. whilst the rest have been sitting .

If it was a good car, I reckon that good buying. ?

17 hours ago, symsy said:

So it seems 135k for the MK1  must be about right and the fast market sale and response represents that..  Maybe a it sold for a little less .. whilst the rest have been sitting .

Did you buy it? It sat for almost 2 weeks at 135k...Listed 155 and bumped to 185 within a day given “overwhelming” interest. Verbally it was a good car with full records at PCGC. 

18 hours ago, Gas said:

Did you buy it? It sat for almost 2 weeks at 135k...Listed 155 and bumped to 185 within a day given “overwhelming” interest. Verbally it was a good car with full records at PCGC. 

No, I had a buddy chasing it in the end , but by all reports … there was a full grid of enquiry, many with cheque book in hand , not looking for PPI or Finance :)  So as I said seems 135 is the shifting range. You will always get some variance in specs and condition against price , but me personally I love it when shit sells as it cuts through the speculation..transactions define market not the advertised prices or the forum fudge factoring.  Good buying.. you would have to have this over the many Aircool offerings if you want a hot weekend thril car.  

2 hours ago, symsy said:

No, I had a buddy chasing it in the end , but by all reports … there was a full grid of enquiry, many with cheque book in hand , not looking for PPI or Finance :)  So as I said seems 135 is the shifting range. You will always get some variance in specs and condition against price , but me personally I love it when shit sells as it cuts through the speculation..transactions define market not the advertised prices or the forum fudge factoring.  Good buying.. you would have to have this over the many Aircool offerings if you want a hot weekend thril car.  

The sale punched a hole through "reality" huh! 

3 hours ago, symsy said:

Good buying.. you would have to have this over the many Aircool offerings if you want a hot weekend thril car.  

At the price point, I really think they're compelling, I still think the 996 GT3 is too cheap for what it is... you might all laugh at me now, but in years to come we will look back and say that guy was right.. :lol:

Special cars with pedigree at the end of the day... and my pick for the long term hold is the 6.1 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:06 AM, symsy said:

exactly . I like it .  

You think that is air you're breathing? :lol: 

So current 6.1 offerings are: 

Hello Kitty (hk) import 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-16019139/?Cr=0 

And ole mate in WA 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1999/SSE-AD-3985987/?Cr=0

Although seems a little rough around the edges, I like the look of the white CS... it just looks cool. :D

Also

I feel like this 6.2 GT3 slipped under the radar? Seems like a good spec and well priced! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-5657502/?Cr=2 

7 hours ago, spiller said:

Someone buy that white MK1 CS and give some TLC! I realise it’s got some history but potential bargain and could be made to look as good as any other car for not much coin.

I agree it's my kind of GT3.  They are MOTORSPORT cars, wasted on the road.  Fix the wonky badge and go flog it on track and not worry about your garage queen that you paid top of the bracket for.

I'd prefer a 991 GT3 for $200k in the same condition as my next track pig ?  Bout time someone hotrodded one of those I reckon.

7 hours ago, DJM said:

I agree it's my kind of GT3.  They are MOTORSPORT cars, wasted on the road.  Fix the wonky badge and go flog it on track and not worry about your garage queen that you paid top of the bracket for.

I'd prefer a 991 GT3 for $200k in the same condition as my next track pig ?  Bout time someone hotrodded one of those I reckon.

200K 991 GT3s start to make sense. Fit angry exhaust, piss off the electronic suspension for something motorsport orientated and you have a visceral animal. 

I think by buying my GT3 I’ve inspired a non-Pcar mate to come to the dark side.... Now he is keen on the red 996 GT3 in Melbourne on CS.  Anyone know this car?  Might be a road trip from Adelaide coming up....

On 10/13/2018 at 6:43 AM, spiller said:

200K 991 GT3s start to make sense. Fit angry exhaust, piss off the electronic suspension for something motorsport orientated and you have a visceral animal. 

the exhaust doesn't even have to be angry - my 991S 3.8 with the Titanium Cat back Akrapovic sounds pretty mean - pretty damned close to a Le Mans Porsche sound, ask the folks who were ay Haunted Hills....

On 10/15/2018 at 10:23 PM, Rick V said:

I think by buying my GT3 I’ve inspired a non-Pcar mate to come to the dark side.... Now he is keen on the red 996 GT3 in Melbourne on CS.  Anyone know this car?  Might be a road trip from Adelaide coming up....

If I’m not mistaken, that car was in SA for about 10 years (originally delivered new to Roger Lago in QLD). If it’s the same car, I know the guy who owned it in Adelaide and had a look at when Buiks had it for sale in 2014. Beautiful car.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, spiller said:

If I’m not mistaken, that car was in SA for about 10 years (originally delivered new to Roger Lago in QLD). If it’s the same car, I know the guy who owned it in Adelaide and had a look at when Buiks had it for sale in 2014. Beautiful car.

Thanks Spiller, great intel.  Might check in with the lads @ Buiks.  We’re flying over next Saturday, and if things go well, hopefully drive her back to Adelaide same day. Would be good to get another 996.2 GT3 back into SA.

7 hours ago, Rick V said:

Thanks Spiller, great intel.  Might check in with the lads @ Buiks.  We’re flying over next Saturday, and if things go well, hopefully drive her back to Adelaide same day. Would be good to get another 996.2 GT3 back into SA.

If it’s the same car it had black wheels when I saw it. Just ask the seller to tell you who’s name is written in the service book, if it is Lago that’s the car. Good luck, will be good to have it back in SA