996 GT3 Purchase

12 hours ago, Tips said:

Congrats Jason glad it worked out to be the right car. Great that Karl looked after you. I have found him straight up and no BS in my few dealings, which is great for a young enthusiastic guy and very different in his industry. 

Not sure if he took you for a tour while you were there? They have some very special cars down in the basement of which one being restored belongs to the owner of the bend in Adelaide 😍

safe drive to Adelaide 👍

Hey @Tips thanks for your input also. Yes I got the tour, with a fresh coffee.

i could live there 👀

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1999/SSE-AD-5827660/?gts=SSE-AD-5827660&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-5827660&rankingType=Spotlight

Sellers comments: The car has seen a lot of track time including a few Nations Cup races in 2001 and the East Coast Targa in 2005.

Sounds like my cup of tea :) 

3 hours ago, James P said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1999/SSE-AD-5827660/?gts=SSE-AD-5827660&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-5827660&rankingType=Spotlight

Sellers comments: The car has seen a lot of track time including a few Nations Cup races in 2001 and the East Coast Targa in 2005.

Sounds like my cup of tea :) 

That is Warwick Morris’ GT3, it’s the record setter that’s ruined many men/cars/marriages trying to beat that SMP lap time! No ones done it yet 😂

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, edgy said:

That HK 2001 at AH could be a good deal at a lower price... not sure how much lower it needs to be to make sense? The Martini stickers absolutely ruin it IMO, they'd be better off marketing it without them, again just my opinion. the 6.1 looks great in white 

$110k-$120?

4 hours ago, Jason A said:

The interesting observation here is the UK has been a global benchmark for a long time now on prices of the GT cars. Price gap between 996 & 997 in UK is quite small, but here is big.

So will 997 here come down or 996 go up ?

Have had my finger on the 997 GT3 pulse for a while, and about to list one, they are not going down by any big number, as they have already bottomed out some years back, then moved back up a little in recent years, and despite cooling off recently, they seem to have weathered the storm very well, the 996 GT3 will go up in due course... will it catch the 997? I’m not sure, it remains to be seen. One things for sure, 996 is improving with age (IMO), and that’s typical of the Harm Lagaay designs. 

One other factor that I think contributes to pricing delta between 996 & 997 is the base cost of these cars when new, the 997 (and all subsequent iterations) were more expensive to begin, so I think the typical depreciation schedule applied to both variants will always land the later car at a higher number... even though now, it’s quite irrelevant and there is many other market forces at hand, it does seem to have some affect. 

My general thoughts and advice for any fence sitters; I think 996 GT3 is still very much a bargain... so get buying! 

4 hours ago, GRK930 said:

$110k-$120?

It would be a good deal at that, certainly wouldn’t bother me being a HK car (not that it does now)