That type of sales spiel in the ad really leaves me cold.

You would think that kind of sales pitch would work on a $25k used Hyundai Velostar or Nissan 260Z, but Dutton's are trying to winkle out $250k (plus an extra $18k in on road and insurance) from a (wealthy) punter in a difficult and rarefied market. Not very professional in my estimation......

1 hour ago, Stephen Tinker said:

That type of sales spiel in the ad really leaves me cold.

You would think that kind of sales pitch would work on a $25k used Hyundai Velostar or Nissan 260Z

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but I sometimes wonder whether cars of this calibre pretty much sell themselves anyway, and the salesperson is relegated to simply being a paper shuffler. 

Ps anyone know what it sold for last time?

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Ps anyone know what it sold for last time?

I believe it was around what they are asking now

2 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Strange, I wonder why

Maybe bored with looking at it. It hasn’t done hardly any kms in 18months

21 hours ago, 901er said:

If it’s same car, someone’s nearly doubled the mileage from its last appearance.

Seems to me that the 996.1 GT3 is becoming the benchmark for the modern classic Porsche, the go to reference between old and new. In some ways as different to the air cooled 911s, as the 356 was to the early 911s. In time, I believe they will continue to be used to compare the 'latest' Porshce with the car that started the legend. In a similar way that long hood 911s are used to explain the evolution to the 993.  With each successive retelling of the 'legend', I believe the 996 GT3 will gain in credibility and collectability.

And if I'm totally wrong... I'll still get a buzz every time I jump into mine regardless.