8 hours ago, wilson59 said:

4.0 GT 3 I think . I will wait just a little and see if prices move at all if not I will jump right in . It's only money

Congrats on the sale Paul, that was a great example of a 997 GT3 ..... did it stay in SA, or head over the border?  

Next car will be silver I assume?!?

7 hours ago, Rick V said:

Congrats on the sale Paul, that was a great example of a 997 GT3 ..... did it stay in SA, or head over the border?  

Next car will be silver I assume?!?

You will still see it out in The Adelaide hills 

yes silver 

8 hours ago, GRK930 said:

Congrats on the sale. Look forward to seeing your next car. The only way I would replace my 997.1 would be to get into a 991.2. Can’t wait for your feedback when the time comes

Thanks . I will look forward to a new car but really going to miss the old one . To me the 997 GT 3 is the best looking out of all the GT cars 

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks . I will look forward to a new car but really going to miss the old one . To me the 997 GT 3 is the best looking out of all the GT cars 

Agreed, someone needs to tell the styling department that less can be more.

OK gents, Tyres

Considering where I go tyre wise if I'm able to get road registration.  Car currently has Yoko Advan A050s R spec track tyres on the original rims.  I have a set of 8 / 10" 2nd Gen 996 GT3 lookalikes for which I'm considering some road tyres (had some PS2s on these rims but they ended up being swapped onto my C2).  Seeing as the road use, if rego eventuates,  would be limited to occasional drives and road events such as hill climbs, I'm wondering whether anyone has found some more cost effective options than Pirelli or Michelin for such limited use road tyres (thinking these may be very soft compound etc).  Hankook Ventus R-S4s look to be value, available in 225/40 for front, but closest for rear is 265/35 which are probably a bit narrow.  Really looking for something a bit more road friendly in the wet than the Yokos.

Any suggestions or alternatives you guys have found?

1 hour ago, edgy said:

For road, the Yokohama AD08-R is a great tyre for the $$$ I had those in the past on my 6 GT3. 

^^^ these. 

A mate gave me a copy of a 2010 issue of Total 911 today, which featured the 996 GT3.  Interesting comment about the RS as follows (remembering it was written in 2010):

"Just 300 996 GT3RSs were made and, while some were bought to be used in anger on the track, others were were snapped up by speculators hoping that any car with an RS badge would prove a good investment.  So far they've been disappointed."

Amazing how things can change in just 9 years 🙂 

Same thing will happen with 996 GT3, there a very special car.

If you have one - it is important to realise what you have.

All GT3’s and RS variants are rare special cars. The market will wake up one day.

964 is a perfect case in point, under appreciation of the base car held the RS variants back. While 996 is a different proposition, GT3 is the last analogue car, the earlier the model the more analogue.

I got my RS in 2013, they were cheap then - like GT3 are now imop.

If they don’t go up, you still have an awsom car - so your still a winner.

50 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

A mate gave me a copy of a 2010 issue of Total 911 today, which featured the 996 GT3.  Interesting comment about the RS as follows (remembering it was written in 2010):

"Just 300 996 GT3RSs were made and, while some were bought to be used in anger on the track, others were were snapped up by speculators hoping that any car with an RS badge would prove a good investment.  So far they've been disappointed."

Amazing how things can change in just 9 years 🙂 

Might want to check those numbers, not 300.

18 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Might want to check those numbers, not 300.

That was the quote in the article.  Wouldn't be surprised if the number is inaccurate, as the also said white and red was only colour available.  I would have expected better from Phil Raby though....

More photos of my car - finally got around to taking some today.  Next job is to take the front half of the roll cage out.  Looks like it will only be 2 pieces - the cross bar looks to be part of the LH side.  Suspension is wound down to track setting, will look to perhaps raise an inch for road use if that works out......  Also investigating replacing the harnesses with current Schroth ones (current ones dated 1998) as I will need to have in date ones for CAMS inspection.  Wheels also have studs / wheel nuts rather than wheel bolts, presume this has been a modification along the way.

20190817_151537_resized.jpg

20190817_151554_resized.jpg

20190817_151604_resized.jpg

20190817_151613_resized.jpg

20190817_151626_resized.jpg

20190817_151642_resized.jpg

20190817_151707_resized.jpg

20190817_151727_resized.jpg