996 GT3 Purchase

11 hours ago, spiller said:

Yep I remember seeing a blue one for 180K private sale back in 2012. This red one is the first sub 300K one I’ve seen for a long time

How many of the 17 996 RS’ that are Aus delivered were with blue stripes? they always seem to be red!?

I wonder what the real sale price is now on these cars? as the dealers would probably have a significant +delta in the margin between what they paid. 

I’d imagine that would be reversible. Not that odd but not common on a 996. I don’t know how many blue there are but apparently red was the launch colour and so many went with red. I prefer the blue but I wouldn’t say no to either (in my dream world).

32 minutes ago, James P said:

Looks sensational (biased opinion), was last advertised 2018 for $169K @ same KMs (previously discussed on this thread, red badges looks like Melbourne Shannons Auctions sold GT3) 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thx Hugh, that's 1/2 hour or so from where I pick the car up at 10.  Do people tend to hang around for much past the 11.00 advertised finish?

I’ve only been twice, on most occasions people seem to come early and probably start leaving by 10ish. 

OK, so I'm a cheap skate in some regards.  Cheapest personalised plates in Tas are 3 letters, three digits.  Suggestions for the new car?  Considering GTE 996 (and fiddling a little bit with the E so it looks like a backwards 3).  Any other suggestions?  Could transfer HIS996 from the grey car, but that really is a bit naff anyway...

7 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Picking the silver car up late Sunday morning.  Any Melb peeps up for a lunch catchup or afternoon coffee somewhere???  Suggested location??

Congratulations mate - I'm sure you must be excited.