996 GT3 Purchase

12 hours ago, DD911 said:

Does anyone have any inside info on this one: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6343468/?Cr=2

I tried to dig my way through the thread & couldn't find any previous comment.

Still got nothing yet on the Black one...

Any of you guys heading out to Highball on Sunday? Would be great to meet a few other GT3 diehards out there...

A friend of mine was the previous owner of the silver one.

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey Hugh,

Would you have this same doc/info showing Total cars to Aus & Clubsport vs Touring for the 997 GT3's..?

It's over on the 997 GT3 market watch thread but not sure it has the CS v Touring numbers just total numbers 

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey Hugh,

Would you have this same doc/info showing Total cars to Aus & Clubsport vs Touring for the 997 GT3's..?

1 hour ago, James P said:

It's over on the 997 GT3 market watch thread but not sure it has the CS v Touring numbers just total numbers 

Hey @luzzo , what James said ^^^

It would be great to see an accurate number on actual factory CS cars. The numbers I have seen say 80% were CS - I’ve been watching this market for 10 years and I dispute the number.

I expect quite a few comforts may have been converted by dealers or first owners.

My understanding is globally only 30% CS. If you keep an eye on overseas FS sites, CS is very rare

Rant over, it’s beer o’clock 

10 minutes ago, MFX said:

Maybe it is just me, but $150k cars that hold their value are not exactly only the play things of the very rich. I know plenty of people who earn under $100k/pa and still blow $100k on a car that loses half it's value in the first few years..

They’re not very clever with money are they...Fantastic way to send yourself broke. Better hope the equity in your home goes up while you’re flushing that money down the dunny...

6 hours ago, 9er said:

I don't see how you can call a thread with wealthy guys and massive egos talking the talk a crap thread, it could prove to be very valuable in the study of human behaviour.

Lighten up.

Agreed, this thread seems to be drifting well away from what we're here to talk about, how about we cease the current direction and get back on to the cars.  From my own point of view, getting excited about picking up the new car tomorrow 🙂 

23 hours ago, 9er said:

I don't see how you can call a thread with wealthy guys and massive egos talking the talk a crap thread, it could prove to be very valuable in the study of human behaviour.

Lighten up.

Sorry  guys had a really  bad day with dough and wiskey.