996 GT3 Purchase

7 minutes ago, MRZOOM said:

So after four years of much searching I think I have found the right GT3 for me.....

Congratulations Mr.Zoom.

This GT3 looked great, and I'm sure you'll love it. When you finally get your hands on it 😉

Thanks luzzo and TwoHeadsTas.......Yes,  I am sure I will love it and will be happy that I didn't buy the many 981 GT4 Clubsports I almost purchased in frustration!

Really good 996 GT3's aren't that easy to find, especially if you are as fussy as me!

28 minutes ago, James P said:

Congrats @MRZOOM it looks very nice.. why don't you just get CEVA to transport it for you back to Sydney? I've done it many times with GT3's

Thanks James.....I will see how my patience lasts. I think it would be nice to meet the current owner, collect the logbooks and paperwork in person. The drive back to Sydney would be a nice way to settle into the new car too.

Congrats @MRZOOM.  Welcome to the 6.2 GT3 club!  Of course I’m totally biased, but I reckon they’re still a bargain at that price range..... an awesome drivers car, last of the analogue, values on the way up, and THAT engine!!  
Had mine out last weekend through the Adelaide hills with a bunch of guys driving much more powerful Pcars, but I didn’t want for any more power.... the balance & overall package just delivered smiles the whole drive to the point that my face ached when we finally pulled into the Lobethal bakery.

Here’s hoping you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.  I’ve no doubt you will love it.

Congrats again..... looking forward to seeing the photos in due course. 

1 minute ago, Rick V said:

Congrats @MRZOOM.  Welcome to the 6.2 GT3 club!  Of course I’m totally biased, but I reckon they’re still a bargain at that price range..... an awesome drivers car, last of the analogue, values on the way up, and THAT engine!!  
Had mine out last weekend through the Adelaide hills with a bunch of guys driving much more powerful Pcars, but I didn’t want for any more power.... the balance & overall package just delivered smiles the whole drive to the point that my face ached when we finally pulled into the Lobethal bakery.

Here’s hoping you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.  I’ve no doubt you will love it.

Congrats again..... looking forward to seeing the photos in due course. 

Thanks Rick V, yes I hope I will love it too, it should be a nice step up after my 987.1 Cayman S.

Your car is another of 996.2 GT3's that I should have bought both times it was listed on Carsales in the past ....but you snooze you lose! 

It looks fabulous in Midnight Blue.

Will share photos in due course....once she is detailed up to my standard!

54 minutes ago, Jason A said:

So Hugh, did you replace your lovely black MK1 with something new??

Swapped it for a white one.........with boy racer red wheels. 

1 minute ago, SFZOOM said:

I was following it on Carsales.....It is saying the car is on Hold now....which can mean it is Sold?

Hopefully. It’s about time somebody nabbed it! 

18 minutes ago, hugh said:

Swapped it for a white one.........with boy racer red wheels. 

Hopefully. It’s about time somebody nabbed it! 

The secret is out........RS 😍

Although your signature gave it away a while ago.

Does anyone know more about the 996.2 at Autohaus? It’s been there a long time when some others have flown out the door... Anything holding it back apart from kms & price (and perhaps the sport seats instead of buckets???)

11 hours ago, JWM said:

Does anyone know more about the 996.2 at Autohaus? It’s been there a long time when some others have flown out the door... Anything holding it back apart from kms & price (and perhaps the sport seats instead of buckets???)

Hey JWM,

Yep, it has been a while (bit over 6 months). It was on my radar earlier, so I have made enquiries and got lots of info, PPI, etc - nothing too concerning. In fact AH even spent some $$ getting it in good order. Given I'm in downtown Covid Central,  I haven't been up to see it in person. 

Happy to share more details, let me know.

3 minutes ago, hugh said:

The fastest one. :lol:

Hah. I mean where from - CTS, Duttons etc or one otherwise not advertised (without divulging too much) 🙂 

Definitely think these are meant to be driven seriously, from the brief drive I've had of one, and as reported by the owners of the 2 local ones here, they are very squirrelly under light braking, and tramline badly on normal roads, but are superb when driven hard and on the track 🙂 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Hah. I mean where from - CTS, Duttons etc or one otherwise not advertised (without divulging too much) 🙂 

Definitely think these are meant to be driven seriously, from the brief drive I've had of one, and as reported by the owners of the 2 local ones here, they are very squirrelly under light braking, and tramline badly on normal roads, but are superb when driven hard and on the track 🙂 

That sounds very appealing, the newer stuff is too easy to drive.  You wanna feel like you’re about to die to get the Adrenalin flowing 👌🏻

On 24/07/2020 at 22:28, JWM said:

I have seen the car in person.....yep the km's and the price are too high. It's in nice condition for its age, has a good service history and is rare for a GT3 to be a one owner car from new. 

I think I read on here that someone offered $120K or so and Autohaus Hamilton knocked it back.....I would have said that was a very reasonable offer.....seems the seller must not be that motivated to move it on......if It was my car I would have grabbed the money and run given the higher kms!

50 minutes ago, SFZOOM said:

I have seen the car in person.....yep the km's and the price are too high. It's in nice condition for its age, has a good service history and is rare for a GT3 to be a one owner car from new. 

I think I read on here that someone offered $120K or so and Autohaus Hamilton knocked it back.....I would have said that was a very reasonable offer.....seems the seller must not be that motivated to move it on......if It was my car I would have grabbed the money and run given the higher kms!

Jeez, 113,000kms high?  That's only 6,600kms / year?  Mines got 121,000 as of the weekend, ticked over that while doing 60+ laps at our local track..  These cars are so much fun and so great to drive, why wouldn't you put a few miles on one every year 🙂   $120k was probably $10-15k light, and remember they ain't making any more of them..... (or you pay 3 x that for Rusty's zero km one).

3 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Jeez, 113,000kms high?  That's only 6,600kms / year?  Mines got 121,000 as of the weekend, ticked over that while doing 60+ laps at our local track..  These cars are so much fun and so great to drive, why wouldn't you put a few miles on one every year 🙂   $120k was probably $10-15k light, and remember they ain't making any more of them..... (or you pay 3 x that for Rusty's zero km one).

What I was trying to say, was that for those kms....(which are higher than usual for a GT3, but as you say not high)  I think the price is too high.....given you could have in the last couple of months bought a few 996.2 GT3's in the high $140's -160K range with less than 40,000 kms or the Autohaus car with 113,000 kms for $140k......it's a personal thing but I would spend more to get a car in similar condition but with lower kms. 

But hey that's only my view 😃

Price and desirability does seem VERY much linked to kms travelled with GT3s in particular.  Personally I’m not sure that sub 40k kms on a 20 year old car is a good thing - under 2,000 km per annum realistically means a spirited run every few months, sitting around in between.  I know I tighten up and get stiff and sore if i sit around too much, could a GT3 suffer my fate?  Albeit I’m nearly 50 not 20 😂

when you blokes all clock over 98,000km in your GT3s and need to flog them off before the dreaded ton, call me, I’ll be happy to buy cheap and flog it until it’s rooted.  I’ll only ruin and devalue a mint low miler 😂