996 GT3 Purchase

5 minutes ago, DJM said:

Price and desirability does seem VERY much linked to kms travelled with GT3s in particular.  Personally I’m not sure that sub 40k kms on a 20 year old car is a good thing - under 2,000 km per annum realistically means a spirited run every few months, sitting around in between.  I know I tighten up and get stiff and sore if i sit around too much, could a GT3 suffer my fate?  Albeit I’m nearly 50 not 20 😂

when you blokes all clock over 98,000km in your GT3s and need to flog them off before the dreaded ton, call me, I’ll be happy to buy cheap and flog it until it’s rooted.  I’ll only ruin and devalue a mint low miler 😂

You young thing Doug, I've hit 60, those Recaro seats hold you nice and tight while you're driving, but by god, getting out of them 😆  Stiff and sore is a big part of it now 😞  I find it best to slide the seat right back, it's the only way.  And don't get me started on trying to get into the back to do stuff in there, that's definitely a seat out job......

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You young thing Doug, I've hit 60, those Recaro seats hold you nice and tight while you're driving, but by god, getting out of them 😆  Stiff and sore is a big part of it now 😞  I find it best to slide the seat right back, it's the only way.  And don't get me started on trying to get into the back to do stuff in there, that's definitely a seat out job......

Haha yeah I remember with my GT2 with fixed clubsport seats and half cage,, I cleaned inside of the back window.......only once in 2 years, too bloody hard and a week of recovery 😂

48 minutes ago, DJM said:

Haha yeah I remember with my GT2 with fixed clubsport seats and half cage,, I cleaned inside of the back window.......only once in 2 years, too bloody hard and a week of recovery 😂

I have fixed seats & a full cage so my rear window hasn't been cleaned since 1999 when it rolled off the production line...ha ha...there must be a product opportunity in their somewhere ?

48 minutes ago, MR901 said:

I have fixed seats & a full cage so my rear window hasn't been cleaned since 1999 when it rolled off the production line...ha ha...there must be a product opportunity in their somewhere ?

That has been discussed before.... 🙂 

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

If this Tas / SA travel bubble eventuates anytime soon, we'll probably try to make another Adelaide trip probably September or October, in which case it would be good to catch up again 🙂 

Cool mate, just sing out and I'll rally the troops. Look forward to it 👍

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

If this Tas / SA travel bubble eventuates anytime soon, we'll probably try to make another Adelaide trip probably September or October, in which case it would be good to catch up again 🙂 

That is a long boat trip if you are taking your car and avoiding zombieland to the North of you... ;)

1 hour ago, MFX said:

That is a long boat trip if you are taking your car and avoiding zombieland to the North of you... ;)

Nah mate, would be a flying trip to catch up with rellies, PFA guys, basically anything to try to compensate for us not being able to physically catchup with our daughters who both live in the Covid state....

16 hours ago, SFZOOM said:

What I was trying to say, was that for those kms....(which are higher than usual for a GT3, but as you say not high)  I think the price is too high.....given you could have in the last couple of months bought a few 996.2 GT3's in the high $140's -160K range with less than 40,000 kms or the Autohaus car with 113,000 kms for $140k......it's a personal thing but I would spend more to get a car in similar condition but with lower kms. 

But hey that's only my view 😃

Hey guys. I offered $120k on this GT3 6 weeks ago. It was knocked back however I was called in the last fortnight and advised that the owner will sell at $120k.

However I went for something more practical as I have 3 kids (C4S). So wasn’t meant to be.

The AH GT3 is very honest and good buying at $120k I believe. Services records are perfect and it’s been practically a 1 owner car. They had spent $8k on services this year after a pretty clean PPI. Compression test was perfect..

Only reason I didn’t offer more than 120 at the time as I know kms are a big factor, and although still relatively low for a 16 year old car, most other GT cars are under 100km. So the market won’t support a higher price than 120 at the moment one would think.

In saying that I’m sure in the future we’ll be kicking ourselves for not picking up a bona fide GT homologation car for that money when we had the chance. Only 90 RHD’s Oz delivered.

cheers,

Dave. 

17 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Jeez, 113,000kms high?  That's only 6,600kms / year?  Mines got 121,000 as of the weekend, ticked over that while doing 60+ laps at our local track..  These cars are so much fun and so great to drive, why wouldn't you put a few miles on one every year 🙂   $120k was probably $10-15k light, and remember they ain't making any more of them..... (or you pay 3 x that for Rusty's zero km one).

Have to politely disagree. The money at $120k that I offered was bang on.

Hard to justify a $20k hit for the mileage when another example at Porsche Syd South was offered with 47000kms for $160k.

The clock would have to be south of 100kms to command in the 130’s and above.

cheers,

Dave.

1 minute ago, hugh said:

That's all someone obviously needed to hear. 

When I heard that, I thought "Wow, I'll definitely take a look while I'm getting the 996 serviced next week"...which was obviously the wrong strategy!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Looks like this info generated a sale... No longer on Carsales.

That was a pretty cool GT3. The 17 year service (& ownership) history was excellent.

It also had Bilstein coilovers, an exhaust mod and a short shift fitted. Great buying at $120k.

Hopefully a PFA buyer. 

And now there are only 2 x 996 GT3's left on Carsales..... one black @ $173k and another black @ an astonishing $390k 🥵

Is there a story re cheaper car (I may have missed it) - seems to have been for sale for a long time now or is it slightly too expensive? 

But looking at the 997 GT3's for sale, the cheapest is $220k - a massive $47k difference ! I'm not sure that the 997 is worth that much more premium.

Edgy, you must relist your car mate....

25 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

And now there are only 2 x 996 GT3's left on Carsales..... one black @ $173k and another black @ an astonishing $390k 🥵

Is there a story re cheaper car (I may have missed it) - seems to have been for sale for a long time now or is it slightly too expensive? 

But looking at the 997 GT3's for sale, the cheapest is $220k - a massive $47k difference ! I'm not sure that the 997 is worth that much more premium.

Edgy, you must relist your car mate....

390K for that car is a completely ridiculous price irrespective of the low km’s.  At that price the owner is not a real seller - but rather someone in search of a wood duck.
The black car at 173 might be a little heavy but I don’t think by that much.  

7 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

390K for that car is a completely ridiculous price irrespective of the low km’s.  At that price the owner is not a real seller - but rather someone in search of a wood duck.
The black car at 173 might be a little heavy but I don’t think by that much.  

Suspect Rusty may not need the money perhaps??  Wonder whether eventual purchaser will be a European collector?  It is, after all,  a brand new 20 year old car.  Not sure that I would want one in that condition though, and particularly not black......