996 GT3 Purchase

11 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Kermit's back

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?stype=0&stypeid=0&kw=porsche&cid=0&smode=0&lid=2417464

current bid price at $55000 - what's it worth????  Certainly not the figures that had it previously been advertised at......  And who want to wait 8 years before you can drive it normally in the road in Vic (been there, done that with a LHD one, bought a RHD 🙂 )

must be worth 50k in parts ...?? 

Drop that motor in a backdate ;) 

11 hours ago, MFX said:

I didn't realise previously that it was unregisterable. As a track hack, my thought is it is 'maybe' worth $70k? As long as you are willing to put the effort into un-sh!tboxing it ;)

Buy a cup car ahead of that green peril  👎🏻

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

Ok, I'll go first:

- No 003 - Not factory clubsport..?

- Has airbags in doorcards..!  Just for you @Jason A  😂

Think you might be right Luzzo, it has a centre console (that's strange for a GT3 in the first place), and there doesn't look to be an engine cutout switch either inside or outside (but was that a delete option?)

14 hours ago, Rick V said:

C23 - Version for Australia

197 - Stronger battery

375 - 2-way electrical sports seat, left

376 - 2-way electrical sports seat, right

441 - Radio preparation

539 - Mechanical seat-height adjustment, left

540 - Mechanical seat-height adjustment, right

567 - Top-tinted windscreen

571 - Activated charcoal filter

573 - Automatic air conditioning

581 - Front center console

696 - CD-radio Becker Porsche CDR-220

981 - Leather dashboard and door panels

4 hours ago, spiller said:

Haven’t checked into this thread for a while. Not many 996 GT3s have been advertised on carsales in 2020. Have any been changing hands off the market? Trying to get a grasp of where 6.2 CS’ sit before I start making some moves.

Jumping back in?  

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

My old LHD CS is still for sale as I understand it.......

As attractive as it is, I’m after something I can “legally” use here in SA on the public roads.

8 hours ago, edgy said:

Keeping Cup or selling? 

Not too sure. Wife suggested I should keep it and sell some of the “jap crap”. Maybe I shouldn’t argue haha but I always felt the idea of having both a 996 cup and a GT3 for the road was a bit pointless...the cup owns it on track and the GT3 is a bit overkill as a road only car...it needs some track action IMO. Maybe a CS with cup muffler, 4.11s and some slicks would be enough to satisfy the motorsport urge. There’s nothing like a real race car though...just don’t get many opportunities to use it with a young family. 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

As attractive as it is, I’m after something I can “legally” use here in SA on the public roads.

You? Drive "legally" on the roads in a GT3? 🤣🤣🤣

Theres an old saying appropriate here Simon. "Yeah that's bullshit mate" 😁

8 hours ago, spiller said:

Not too sure. Wife suggested I should keep it and sell some of the “jap crap”. Maybe I shouldn’t argue haha but I always felt the idea of having both a 996 cup and a GT3 for the road was a bit pointless...the cup owns it on track and the GT3 is a bit overkill as a road only car...it needs some track action IMO. Maybe a CS with cup muffler, 4.11s and some slicks would be enough to satisfy the motorsport urge. There’s nothing like a real race car though...just don’t get many opportunities to use it with a young family. 

Dan189 (dparts.com.au) has a s/h cup exhaust listed......

10 hours ago, spiller said:

My ears pricked up at "selling your Jap crap", as Im sure it isn't.

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Your new toy @hugh???

Let’s just say I bought the exhaust system off his new toy and he fitted the one off his old toy to his new toy and I’ve fitted the old system off his new toy to my existing toy.

Follow?

Just now, Skidmarks said:

Let’s just say I bought the exhaust system off his new toy and he fitted the one off his old toy to his new toy and I’ve fitted the old system off his new toy to my existing toy.

Follow?

The ole switcheroo story......

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Dan189 (dparts.com.au) has a s/h cup exhaust listed......

Thanks for the link Peter, didn’t realise he had a website.

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Stop it! I even have the spare bumper...

55 minutes ago, 9er said:

My ears pricked up at "selling your Jap crap", as Im sure it isn't.

I do love the jap crap...helps bring out my inner child. Happy to let some of it go if it means a GT3 back in the garage though. Maybe post covid some will actually advertise their GT3s again! At the moment only 997.1s which have curiously increased in price (at least asking price) by 25% seemingly overnight.