996 GT3 Purchase

3 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Yeah everyone has to experience a black car ownership at some stage.  And then be that sick of cleaning it, that they sell it, or even better, in your case return it to factory spec!! 

imo guards red looks great on them. 

In our case it was a black 307 Pug, not helped by keeping car in carport, and having cats.

Wife's dark blue 981 is almost as bad though......

2 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Thanks guys! I don't have many pics, just these two that one of the guys from work @porsche_lyf took.  If anyone has a set of stock Mk1 springs or a CR220 or CDR220 stereo please let me know!

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

I had the opportunity to buy that car last year but backed out of it which I regret . The price I was able to buy it at I now kick myself 

Hugh, nice pic yep they are a sweet looking thing! Funnily enough I was searching SA number plates the other day to see if Mezger or similar might be available!

Wilson I suspect the price may have gone up from that point! I approached the owner and he wasn't that keen to part with it, but we did find a mutually acceptable number so all is good 😉You know Mike then?

It's not perfect,  and needs a few mechanical things attended to although then engine tested really well but it hasn't had any hits which many of them seem to have had.

26 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Hugh, nice pic yep they are a sweet looking thing! Funnily enough I was searching SA number plates the other day to see if Mezger or similar might be available!

Wilson I suspect the price may have gone up from that point! I approached the owner and he wasn't that keen to part with it, but we did find a mutually acceptable number so all is good 😉You know Mike then?

It's not perfect,  and needs a few mechanical things attended to although then engine tested really well but it hasn't had any hits which many of them seem to have had.

Yes I know Mike . I did try again but he seemed keen on keeping it .

I like that car a lot congratulations 

26 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Ben who bought my 997.2 GT3 has the Mezger plate on his car 

19 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

I can confirm the black colour change Mk1 CS was actually guards red originally, not Zanzibar.

Oh and it will be residing in my garage in the not too distant future 😎 Stoked is an understatement!!

Interesting that the 'it's not original' nazis don't apear to be in this thread.  Or are these cars attaining a status where they could be pink with polka dots and that'd still be OK?  Just for the record I personally don't give a shit.

I too worked hard to secure that car on a few occasions but now hearing about the colour change that would have had me running.

At the time the price i offered was fair compared to others that had sold but never heard about the "skeleton in the closet".

Call me a Nazi but if I was dropping reasonably large coin on a car I would want it all kosher.

Congratulations on the purchase and I'm sure the car will not disappoint in either red or black.

Sounds like everyone has had a crack at the thing! 🤣  The colour change thing did play on my mind for a little while.

But I kept coming back to the numbers. 90 Mk1's  delivered, say 10 or that have probably been written off or gone overseas, another 10 or so converted to race use in Nations cup etc         . 13 touring spec cars. Many of the remainder that have had serious accident damage over the years. And now a rising market.

I figured realistically there was 30-40 decent CS cars maximum with and how many of those are on the market at any given time? Added to that my lack of patience once I've made up my mind and the long held dream of a 996 GT3 and here we are!