996 GT3 Purchase

3 hours ago, MichaelF said:

Agreed. Anything 'prestige' in Japan is typically LHD.

I was on holiday in Japan and visited the Ferrari dealership near Omotosande. It was pouring with rain too. The sales lady asked me if I wanted to take a test drive, but because it was raining and the only cars they had were LHD I declined. Hard enough in a foreign country; but add in the rain, a Ferrari, and LHD in a RHD country and I would have been too nervous to enjoy it!

3 hours ago, luzzo said:

Back on and up to $179,990

1971191752_ScreenShot2020-11-25at4_57_07pm.png.e045581368e510eeb592be5a80e47fb6.png

And quoting in the ad that is a genuine Clubsport. I remember people in this thread suggesting it had the seats and cage added after the fact? 85K kms is getting up there, well not really for a Porsche but this is absolute top of the market price wise for a MK1. At what point do the kms affect the value, or are we past that completely with GT3s now?

The ad's a little misleading - on one hand he says it was Scuds first factory CS and then it also says it was ordered with all of the CS options.....When I spoke to the seller last time it was listed, he checked the sticker and confirmed it was not a 003 car......

1 hour ago, spiller said:

And quoting in the ad that is a genuine Clubsport? 

85K kms is getting up there?

I would say Touring (door airbags), wrong fire ext and no battery cutoff (electric or cable)

85K KM is only 4,250 Yr _ not that up there compared to some aircooled's listed.

Probably as an adjunct to the C&C discussions, here's a question.  I wonder how many original, one owner 996 GT3s there are out there?

I know of a local to me 2nd gen, guards red ( I think) car that has had a full life of motorsport - Targas, hillclimbs, club days etc.  Still in fabulous nick with a custom built, glorious sounding exhaust.  Owner is currently having a 992 built to replace the 996 for motorsport activities, also guards red.

55 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I reckon we need to talk about progressing the GT3 registry project at C&C at Winton

Definitely mate! I thought I would have much more spare time this year, alas its been the opposite... not complaining, but any pet projects have been pushed aside! 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Probably as an adjunct to the C&C discussions, here's a question.  I wonder how many original, one owner 996 GT3s there are out there?

I know of a local to me 2nd gen, guards red ( I think) car that has had a full life of motorsport - Targas, hillclimbs, club days etc.  Still in fabulous nick with a custom built, glorious sounding exhaust.  Owner is currently having a 992 built to replace the 996 for motorsport activities, also guards red.

Is that the one that is basically a cup car conversion (full cage, lexan, cup wing etc etc)? I believe it was for sale a few years back. Actually come to think of it the car I’m talking about is in NSW.

1 minute ago, spiller said:

Is that the one that is basically a cup car conversion (full cage, lexan, cup wing etc etc)? I believe it was for sale a few years back. Actually come to think of it the car I’m talking about is in NSW.

No, don't think so.  Pretty sure is is basically a CS, but just very well fettled.  Don't believe it has ever been for sale, and if it ever is, his long time navigator has first dibs.   If I get an invite to Friday afternoon beers and inspection of 992 progress tomorrow I'll ask a few more questions.  Also hoping to get the OK to post a few photos of the 992 build......

37 minutes ago, spiller said:

You’re thinking of Gary Hobsons one, that is still in his possession. 

For you 996 fans who have not yet seen it, the first 8minutes or so of the recent Chris Harris video on the 992 GT3 with AP is all about the 996 GT3 and 996 GT3 RS. Chris is not hugely complementary towards the 996.1 GT3 but has some nice remarks regarding the 996.2 GT3 as does AP. Their discussion on the 996 RS amply demonstrates why this car is so special compared to the std GT3. It is not just a lightly breathed on GT3 as some people might contend. 

4B8833C5-C565-4A57-BDEB-4C545C1219E8.png

355990CF-BAA4-418E-9BD3-7202F87407A2.png