1 hour ago, spiller said:

And quoting in the ad that is a genuine Clubsport? 

85K kms is getting up there?

I would say Touring (door airbags), wrong fire ext and no battery cutoff (electric or cable)

85K KM is only 4,250 Yr _ not that up there compared to some aircooled's listed.

2 hours ago, spiller said:

And quoting in the ad that is a genuine Clubsport. I remember people in this thread suggesting it had the seats and cage added after the fact?

One of those 'Dealer fit 003' clubsports  :Confused02:

15 minutes ago, RwGreeny said:

I suspect that car was modified at one point and they have converted it back to a more road friendly spec. 

Wonder if it got the Single Mass Flywheel along the way?

The right hand side of that steering wheel looks as thought it's seen 186K of use :Confused02:

2 hours ago, RwGreeny said:

I suspect that car was modified at one point and they have converted it back to a more road friendly spec. 

It's not the Warrick Morris car that came up a few months back is it? 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

It's not the Warrick Morris car that came up a few months back is it? 

A VIN # would end a lot of speculation... 

23 minutes ago, edgy said:

A VIN # would end a lot of speculation... 

If it's the GT3 Autohaus (Sydney) had in Sep for sale (which I think it is) then no it's not WM car.

The Autohaus car VIN was WP0ZZZ99ZYS690373 - WM GT3 1028

Probably as an adjunct to the C&C discussions, here's a question.  I wonder how many original, one owner 996 GT3s there are out there?

I know of a local to me 2nd gen, guards red ( I think) car that has had a full life of motorsport - Targas, hillclimbs, club days etc.  Still in fabulous nick with a custom built, glorious sounding exhaust.  Owner is currently having a 992 built to replace the 996 for motorsport activities, also guards red.

55 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I reckon we need to talk about progressing the GT3 registry project at C&C at Winton

Definitely mate! I thought I would have much more spare time this year, alas its been the opposite... not complaining, but any pet projects have been pushed aside! 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Probably as an adjunct to the C&C discussions, here's a question.  I wonder how many original, one owner 996 GT3s there are out there?

I know of a local to me 2nd gen, guards red ( I think) car that has had a full life of motorsport - Targas, hillclimbs, club days etc.  Still in fabulous nick with a custom built, glorious sounding exhaust.  Owner is currently having a 992 built to replace the 996 for motorsport activities, also guards red.

Is that the one that is basically a cup car conversion (full cage, lexan, cup wing etc etc)? I believe it was for sale a few years back. Actually come to think of it the car I’m talking about is in NSW.

1 minute ago, spiller said:

Is that the one that is basically a cup car conversion (full cage, lexan, cup wing etc etc)? I believe it was for sale a few years back. Actually come to think of it the car I’m talking about is in NSW.

No, don't think so.  Pretty sure is is basically a CS, but just very well fettled.  Don't believe it has ever been for sale, and if it ever is, his long time navigator has first dibs.   If I get an invite to Friday afternoon beers and inspection of 992 progress tomorrow I'll ask a few more questions.  Also hoping to get the OK to post a few photos of the 992 build......

37 minutes ago, spiller said:

You’re thinking of Gary Hobsons one, that is still in his possession. 

After a tek screw made a mess of my left rear tyre last month and stuffed it,finally two days short of a month since ordering a full set,the rears arrived yesterday (fronts were del next day after ordered).

So same day a month later after no driving this car it's back in action.

Having a beer on deck after fuel/beer stop checking the view.

20201126_174508.jpg