996 GT3 Purchase

OK you GT3 guys, does anyone has a spare "Trim piece for Front of Shift Console"  part no 986 552 241 02 A03 - the small flat quadrilateral shaped trim piece in front of the gear shift in a centre console delete car?  May need to use some screws to properly mount a Quad-lock mobile phone holder so it is secure for track use, and want to retain one for good

Let me know......

A couple of years back I did a fairly basic 996 GT3 price analysis looking at AUS/UK & US data.  Apologies if someone's already posted this link elsewhere, but the 4 Wheel Trader does a very good analysis of the US GT3 sales data to come up with a picture of the market which is probably typical of what's happening here.

The ULTIMATE Porsche 911 GT3 Depreciation & Buying Guide | All generations - YouTube

Here are the US 996 GT3 Auction results since 2017 from BaT auctions Porsche 911 GT3 For Sale - BaT Auctions (bringatrailer.com).  BaT is a great site since you get to see actual sell prices vs Car Gurus and other sites where you only see the advertised prices.  Of particular interest of late was the year 2000 Japan import LHD Mk1 GT3 Clubsport with 98,000 kms which sold for $97K USD.   Note that when new the MK2 GT3 sold for $99K USD in the states.  Looks like this MK1 has set a new price benchmark. 

image.png.ddf437129d7a2f9a0b20a29f09145fb4.pngimage.png.a976298e4e9305655aaa5a772404b807.pngimage.png.5e54715f4047df791ffa1f371ae97acb.png

On 31/12/2020 at 10:12, luzzo said:

RS back on... 

Check out this 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 996 Manual MY04

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693

Same fantastic pics, Same REAR opportunity, same ironic collection, 

New price $329,000 (down from $345,000). 

What is it with this guy..?

This is up and listed again...  

Ironic  :Confused02:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693/?Cr=0

6 minutes ago, luzzo said:

What is it with this guy..?

This is up and listed again...  

Ironic  :Confused02:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693/?Cr=0

My guess is; inundated by dick heads and already in two minds about selling it...

Also, depending on your mental state at the time, you either laugh it off or pull your ad down when it gets all too much.

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

My guess is; inundated by dick heads and already in two minds about selling it...

Also, depending on your mental state at the time, you either laugh it off or pull your ad down when it gets all too much.

Possibly, but I believe that Strategy just turns people off. 

30 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Possibly, but I believe that Strategy just turns people off. 

That might be his plan? 😂

16 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I’ve got a car for sale at the moment and totally get the pulling it down thing. Inundated by some silly questions. But guess people have to start somewhere. 

I did it last year when selling... I took a break for a month or two, as I realised it was me who wasn’t ready to deal with it... once I got my head space sorted and better presented the ad, the car sold right away, it turns out the buyer was “watching it” and got FOMO once he thought it sold, so when it was re-listed he wasted no time getting the deal done. 

No marketing genius, but what’s that old cliche about timing? 😎

I have to say it turns me off as a buyer but I can see how it can a very useful tool. Evo is sold now, I’d like to be in a 996 GT3 come mid year. If Mr. RS becomes a bit more motivated I will be interested. I’m not prepared to be that guy who lowballs however. If anyone knows of a CS for sale, hit me up!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, another unicorn, at least in the US - $175kUSD

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-996-gt3-2003-914125/?utm_source=Elferspot&utm_campaign=b9222d5a5c-90s-Special_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5304cb68-b9222d5a5c-68100275

Any word on whether Rusty's car has actually sold?  It's still showing on CS as on hold.....

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Here we go, another unicorn, at least in the US - $175kUSD

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-996-gt3-2003-914125/?utm_source=Elferspot&utm_campaign=b9222d5a5c-90s-Special_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5304cb68-b9222d5a5c-68100275

Any word on whether Rusty's car has actually sold?  It's still showing on CS as on hold.....

Which car was Rusty's?

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Which car was Rusty's?

Hey @cafe_racer,

Must be while since you've been on the 996GT3 thread, it's been talked about for quite some time. Was first listed for sale about April last year (2020).

Interestingly, although removed from Carsales, I've noticed it's still on their website:

https://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2000-porsche-911-1021266_326812

Worth a call..?

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey @cafe_racer,

Must be while since you've been on the 996GT3 thread, it's been talked about for quite some time. Was first listed for sale about April last year (2020).

Interestingly, although removed from Carsales, I've noticed it's still on their website:

https://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2000-porsche-911-1021266_326812

Worth a call..?

I remember this one,  I love the pricing approach of just putting a big number on it and waiting for the market to one day come and reach your asking...Which maybe is what Rusty is doing here!

12 minutes ago, spiller said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/SSE-AD-6357410

This one has come back online. Is the owner on these forums?

Don't believe so.  This was for sale about 12-14 months ago when I was looking for a car, but disappeared before I got the chance to look at it.  Same photos in the current CarSales advert.  From memory the owner is a Golf Pro, and he owned the car when he was living in UK.  Presume the usual "Dirty Rotten Import" discount would apply...  From memory it may have been listed last time at $115k?????

12 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't believe so.  This was for sale about 12-14 months ago when I was looking for a car, but disappeared before I got the chance to look at it.  Same photos in the current CarSales advert.  From memory the owner is a Golf Pro, and he owned the car when he was living in UK.  Presume the usual "Dirty Rotten Import" discount would apply...  From memory it may have been listed last time at $115k?????

If so. $10k COVID premium. Car looks great too. Looks to have some tasty suspension mods. 

9 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I think it’s owned by Richard Green as @TwoHeadsTas said he’s a well known golfer and was advertised about a year ago

12 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I think it’s owned by Richard Green as @TwoHeadsTas said he’s a well known golfer and was advertised about a year ago

Yes, I think that is the name I have heard.

Ha, all of us looking at the advert has prompted the "Interest is increasing on a saved car" email already, only 10 minutes after I saved it 🙂 

6 hours ago, spiller said:

yes Richard Green was who I was thinking of. Races a 996 Cup in Europe. I'm not really after a MK1 but looks a decent example. Whats the penalty for an import?

Far less than what this is advertised at 

I may be a little ignorant of GT3 Pecadilloes , though I would have thought the  Limited  build number in RHD makes this easier to ignore the UK import palava - and deal.with how it actually presents 

No longer available - Very good buying there I would think.

Given the very limited RHD numbers and how many people seem to be on the hunt for one at the moment, I agree the UK import issue may not be the such a barrier for these. Its not like the Brits don't like buying collectibles back when they come up for sale