996 GT3 Purchase

46 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

I reckon the days of 125k GT3's are long gone

I hope so 😉

36 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

No longer available - Very good buying there I would think.

Given the very limited RHD numbers and how many people seem to be on the hunt for one at the moment, I agree the UK import issue may not be the such a barrier for these. Its not like the Brits don't like buying collectibles back when they come up for sale

Pretty quick, bought sight unseen, or perhaps by someone who was looking last time???

The silver MK1 996 Gt3 is owned by a mate of mine, the Carsales ad went up yesterday without the price being adjusted from almost 2 years ago. I will be handling the sale so any enquiries please message or call me on 0417369649 

2 hours ago, James P said:

The silver MK1 996 Gt3 is owned by a mate of mine, the Carsales ad went up yesterday without the price being adjusted from almost 2 years ago. I will be handling the sale so any enquiries please message or call me on 0417369649 

Turn on the teflon shit deflector field .. I know you are an old hand at it .. but two GT3s on car sales .. you are a brave man..to deal with the enquiries.  Hope you sell em both quickly and with little pain .

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article from July 2007 911 & Porsche World re 996 GT3 values (and Oz muscle car values).  Could almost have been written today, only $ different (but I didn;t think HOeys were worth that much back then....

Next Big Thing.pdf

9 hours ago, spiller said:

congrats on the purchase @GUT

So, who’s got that table showing 996 GT3 sales in Aus? It’s well documented that there were only 308 RHD 6.1s globally. Do we have a figure for RHD 6.2? 

First page of this thread, 160 pages and 6 years ago.........  Dunno about globally though....

yes, congrats @GUT

Here is what else I found on the internet:-

996.1 GT3 - 1868 total, of which 106 UK C16 (only 28 of which were specced as Clubsports) out of a global total of 308 RHD and of course 0 US C02.

996.2 GT3 - 2313 total with 239 UK C16 and 1017 US C02

996.2 GT3 RS - 682 total, 140 RHD (of which 113 were UK, 17 Aus, 4 NZ and the rest presumably HK, Sng, Jpn) and 0 for the Americans

Should have posted ages ago, but here is the Artic Silver 2004 996.2 GT3 Touring that I purchased back in late November 2020 once the Victorian lock down ended. Now back in Sydney, was originally delivered by SVM and has only done a light 30,500 kms.  It is in such nice condition that I have to get over my anxiety to use it!  Installing the PR Technology nose lift kit so I can get it easily up and down my driveway...no small investment put should improve the useability of the car!

image.png.26e0d707375519adeda0cf8f637f4f5f.png

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Thanks @SFZOOM I wonder how accurate this is? Reason I ask is that based on this, I have one of the 4 GT3 RS built in 2003... I did not know they built so few in 03

So I can answer my own question here after liaising with my PCA contact. 

There was indeed 4 GT3 RS built in November 2003

2 x White & Red

2 x White & Blue

all four were RHD C16 (UK) deliveries... I was curious about my own car, from the data (invoice date & VIN) what I can ascertain, it was the 3rd 996 GT3 RS ever built. 

I believe a number of sources regard the oft quoted M003 numbers for the 1999/2000 cars to be optimistic

I’ve asked a couple of contacts for the real number ... but the true figure seems to be elusive !

2 hours ago, edgy said:

So I can answer my own question here after liaising with my PCA contact. 

There was indeed 4 GT3 RS built in November 2003

2 x White & Red

2 x White & Blue

all four were RHD C16 (UK) deliveries... I was curious about my own car, from the data (invoice date & VIN) what I can ascertain, it was the 3rd 996 GT3 RS ever built. 

Mate, that is great detective work, pretty special that it was no 3.......

@edgy that’s bloody fantastic mate. Does that mean it’s got the polished heads since it’s one of the first 200 as quoted by AP in the top gear video?

@SFZOOMlooks a beauty. Has it got the comfort seats or leather recaro buckets?

4 hours ago, SFZOOM said:

Here is what else I found on the internet:-

996.1 GT3 - 1868 total, of which 106 UK C16 (only 28 of which were specced as Clubsports) out of a global total of 308 RHD and of course 0 US C02.

996.2 GT3 - 2313 total with 239 UK C16 and 1017 US C02

996.2 GT3 RS - 682 total, 140 RHD (of which 113 were UK, 17 Aus, 4 NZ and the rest presumably HK, Sng, Jpn) and 0 for the Americans

So 239 UK 996.2 + the 74 Aus makes 313 RHD. I’m sure Japan, Singapore, South Africa got a few too. Maybe 350 RHD 6.2 (non RS) worldwide? 47% of Aus 6.2 were Clubsport, ive heard only 50 clubsports in the UK however.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mate, that is great detective work, pretty special that it was no 3.......

well possibly the 2nd, depending on the significance of the “invoice date” , but working back off the VIN it is the 3rd highest VIN out of the four 2003 built cars! 

Andrew was mighty pleased with the news! 

20 minutes ago, spiller said:

@edgy that’s bloody fantastic mate. Does that mean it’s got the polished heads since it’s one of the first 200 as quoted by AP in the top gear video?

Most certainly does, but we knew that from the outset as we actually put it on a DYNO as part of the PPI, it was showing an extra 20hp at the wheels over what the average base GT3 would put down. 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

@SFZOOMlooks a beauty. Has it got the comfort seats or leather recaro buckets?

So 239 UK 996.2 + the 74 Aus makes 313 RHD. I’m sure Japan, Singapore, South Africa got a few too. Maybe 350 RHD 6.2 (non RS) worldwide? 47% of Aus 6.2 were Clubsport, ive heard only 50 clubsports in the UK however.

Yes, It has the leather Recaro buckets. I had my heart set on a 996 MK1/MK2 Clubsport but after 4 years of looking and being unable to find a good one, when I decided to buy a Touring it had to have the buckets!

My car seems to have most of the options that Tourings seemed to have been ordered with......just wish it had cruise control.

Options are::- 

C23        Australia

XSX        Red Seat Belts

288        Headlight Washers

424        CD Shelf Center Console

441        Radio Preparation  

567        Green Tinted Windscreen W. Green Top-Tint

571        Active Carbon Filter (Cabin)

573        Automatic Air Conditioning

581        Front Centre Console

601        Litronic Headlights

697       Porsche CDR 23 CD Radio WW

09991  Manufacture from the exclusive-programme

29 minutes ago, SFZOOM said:

when I decided to buy a Touring it had to have the buckets!

It might help you sleep better at night to know you don’t actually have a touring, because there is no such thing... that didn’t come until type 991.2! You either have a 996 GT3 with 003 or without. 

By default, all C23 delivered 996 GT3’s had the fix back Recaro’s in leather (unless you added m-code 003 which gave you the same seat in Perlon fabric) you actually had to “option” the KOMFORT seats (recliners; either manual or powered, aka ‘sports seats’), this GT3 standard equipment only changed come the type 997, which came with a manual reclining spots seat by default, and powered seats as an option, and CGT type buckets in the Clubsport (003) package.... GT2’s could option a folding bucket to confuse matters. 

Long & Short they (Porsche) worked out how to extract more $$$ for the previously “no cost” options!