Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, luzzo said:

 

Possibly, but I believe that Strategy just turns people off. 

That might be his plan? 😂

16 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I’ve got a car for sale at the moment and totally get the pulling it down thing. Inundated by some silly questions. But guess people have to start somewhere. 

I did it last year when selling... I took a break for a month or two, as I realised it was me who wasn’t ready to deal with it... once I got my head space sorted and better presented the ad, the car sold right away, it turns out the buyer was “watching it” and got FOMO once he thought it sold, so when it was re-listed he wasted no time getting the deal done. 
 

No marketing genius, but what’s that old cliche about timing? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say it turns me off as a buyer but I can see how it can a very useful tool. Evo is sold now, I’d like to be in a 996 GT3 come mid year. If Mr. RS becomes a bit more motivated I will be interested. I’m not prepared to be that guy who lowballs however. If anyone knows of a CS for sale, hit me up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go, another unicorn, at least in the US - $175kUSD

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-996-gt3-2003-914125/?utm_source=Elferspot&utm_campaign=b9222d5a5c-90s-Special_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5304cb68-b9222d5a5c-68100275

Any word on whether Rusty's car has actually sold?  It's still showing on CS as on hold.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Here we go, another unicorn, at least in the US - $175kUSD

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-996-gt3-2003-914125/?utm_source=Elferspot&utm_campaign=b9222d5a5c-90s-Special_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5304cb68-b9222d5a5c-68100275

Any word on whether Rusty's car has actually sold?  It's still showing on CS as on hold.....

 

Which car was Rusty's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Which car was Rusty's?

Hey @cafe_racer,

Must be while since you've been on the 996GT3 thread, it's been talked about for quite some time. Was first listed for sale about April last year (2020).

Interestingly, although removed from Carsales, I've noticed it's still on their website:

https://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2000-porsche-911-1021266_326812

Worth a call..?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey @cafe_racer,

Must be while since you've been on the 996GT3 thread, it's been talked about for quite some time. Was first listed for sale about April last year (2020).

Interestingly, although removed from Carsales, I've noticed it's still on their website:

https://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/2000-porsche-911-1021266_326812

Worth a call..?

 

I remember this one,  I love the pricing approach of just putting a big number on it and waiting for the market to one day come and reach your asking...Which maybe is what Rusty is doing here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spiller said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/SSE-AD-6357410

This one has come back online. Is the owner on these forums?

Don't believe so.  This was for sale about 12-14 months ago when I was looking for a car, but disappeared before I got the chance to look at it.  Same photos in the current CarSales advert.  From memory the owner is a Golf Pro, and he owned the car when he was living in UK.  Presume the usual "Dirty Rotten Import" discount would apply...  From memory it may have been listed last time at $115k?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't believe so.  This was for sale about 12-14 months ago when I was looking for a car, but disappeared before I got the chance to look at it.  Same photos in the current CarSales advert.  From memory the owner is a Golf Pro, and he owned the car when he was living in UK.  Presume the usual "Dirty Rotten Import" discount would apply...  From memory it may have been listed last time at $115k?????

If so. $10k COVID premium. Car looks great too. Looks to have some tasty suspension mods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't believe so.  This was for sale about 12-14 months ago when I was looking for a car, but disappeared before I got the chance to look at it.  Same photos in the current CarSales advert.  From memory the owner is a Golf Pro, and he owned the car when he was living in UK.  Presume the usual "Dirty Rotten Import" discount would apply...  From memory it may have been listed last time at $115k?????

I think it’s owned by Richard Green as @TwoHeadsTas said he’s a well known golfer and was advertised about a year ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I think it’s owned by Richard Green as @TwoHeadsTas said he’s a well known golfer and was advertised about a year ago

Yes, I think that is the name I have heard.

Ha, all of us looking at the advert has prompted the "Interest is increasing on a saved car" email already, only 10 minutes after I saved it 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a great car/bargain if all checks out, p.s. same price ($125K) as last time listed Nov 2019, travelled only 1500KM since.  

p.s. last MK1 to sell (on carsales) was a NSW dealer black 996.1 GT3 for $179,000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes Richard Green was who I was thinking of. Races a 996 Cup in Europe. I'm not really after a MK1 but looks a decent example. Whats the penalty for an import?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spiller said:

yes Richard Green was who I was thinking of. Races a 996 Cup in Europe. I'm not really after a MK1 but looks a decent example. Whats the penalty for an import?

Far less than what this is advertised at 

I may be a little ignorant of GT3 Pecadilloes , though I would have thought the  Limited  build number in RHD makes this easier to ignore the UK import palava - and deal.with how it actually presents 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No longer available - Very good buying there I would think.

Given the very limited RHD numbers and how many people seem to be on the hunt for one at the moment, I agree the UK import issue may not be the such a barrier for these. Its not like the Brits don't like buying collectibles back when they come up for sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

 Its not like the Brits don't like buying collectibles back when they come up for sale

 They're ready to pounce on anything Porsche related if it's factory RHD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

I reckon the days of 125k GT3's are long gone

I hope so 😉

36 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

No longer available - Very good buying there I would think.

Given the very limited RHD numbers and how many people seem to be on the hunt for one at the moment, I agree the UK import issue may not be the such a barrier for these. Its not like the Brits don't like buying collectibles back when they come up for sale

Pretty quick, bought sight unseen, or perhaps by someone who was looking last time???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silver MK1 996 Gt3 is owned by a mate of mine, the Carsales ad went up yesterday without the price being adjusted from almost 2 years ago. I will be handling the sale so any enquiries please message or call me on 0417369649 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James P said:

The silver MK1 996 Gt3 is owned by a mate of mine, the Carsales ad went up yesterday without the price being adjusted from almost 2 years ago. I will be handling the sale so any enquiries please message or call me on 0417369649 

Turn on the teflon shit deflector field .. I know you are an old hand at it .. but two GT3s on car sales .. you are a brave man..to deal with the enquiries.  Hope you sell em both quickly and with little pain .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article from July 2007 911 & Porsche World re 996 GT3 values (and Oz muscle car values).  Could almost have been written today, only $ different (but I didn;t think HOeys were worth that much back then....

 

Next Big Thing.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2021 at 16:03, James P said:

Sale Pending on the Silver 996 GT3

Sold

Another one to the Hoarder.. Lets hope you sold him a trickle charger ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, symsy said:

Another one to the Hoarder.. Lets hope you sold him a trickle charger ;) 

Not at all he is a driver... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...