996 GT3 Purchase

What’s that saying, you can sleep in a (cup) car, but you can’t drive a house, especially not around a race track, fast 😂

In all seriousness national porsche interclub at the bend is gaining some traction. 80 cars this year including a 956 and 962. 2022 will be worth the price of admission.

1 hour ago, spiller said:

What’s that saying, you can sleep in a (cup) car, but you can’t drive a house, especially not around a race track, fast 😂

In all seriousness national porsche interclub at the bend is gaining some traction. 80 cars this year including a 956 and 962. 2022 will be worth the price of admission.

Haha you can’t track your house!! 

my life’s on hold till that’s sorted, but I’m going to keep an eye on that next interclub at the bend. 

2 hours ago, spiller said:

Giddy-up!!!! 2022.... sign me up 👍

On 04/03/2021 at 18:43, 1st said:

All helping in broadening understanding ... ... thanks 

The dyno exercise was undertaken to tune the car for road use; they did a great job on the set up. 

Chassis dyno’s are evil.  No 2 are the same.  Loss factors are guesses.  Hub dyno’s are better.  Engine dyno’s are the best of a bad lot.

The reality is, it’s about the starting number and the finishing number and any Useful positive distance between the starting and finishing graphs.

I stopped comparing dyno sheets From different dyno’s on different car a long time ago.  A waste of time.

In fact, all dyno’s are evil.

7 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

I was at Grays yesterday, the have a stunning LHD 2000 GT3 coming up next auction. Only 3500 ks on the clock

Buy, use for track days for 4 years then club rego

Is it that simple though? My understand is if it’s been imported as a race only car it cannot be re-registered as a road car.

29 minutes ago, symsy said:

You and 700 others ... ;) Its been for sale advertised within the Aston circles and classic circles for a little while 

Yes, agreed, I have seen it around since about mid last year.

5 hours ago, rafikdous said:

I was at Grays yesterday, they have a stunning LHD 2000 GT3 coming up next auction. Only 3500 ks on the clock

Buy, use for track days for 4 years then club rego

I was referring to me and @DT both working out which car @rafikdous's found at Grays.

31 minutes ago, spiller said:

Only way to get it registered legally here would be to export it then re import it. Pretty difficult and expensive. Comparatively it’s worth no more than a 996 cup IMO (probably less).

I think that was a slip of the keyboard.  148k should be 48k then just steal a set of plates and you’re good to go 😎. Looks the business.