996 GT3 Purchase

Having some knowledge of the sales of probably the only other LHD clubsport in Oz (as a previous owner), and one which did have a Rally import approval no, I would suggest value as somewhere around 50% of the Brooklands asking.  Great condition car, but if it can't be registered, so it probably is only usable as a track hack or a museum piece - probably a shame to use it as such, but I would think it's true value can only be achieved by sending it back to from whence it came.......

Might be able to otherwise sell off some good bits, but that wouldn't recoup anywhere near the price difference......

15 minutes ago, edgy said:

Cars & Coffee, Cars & Cabernet... well courtesy of a few drunk fools, I give you Carbon & Côte D’or 

2D57C6F3-6735-4D07-9BF6-957BA3CC82AC.thumb.jpeg.c9930f796b6b4b42d0ff1e65b3937c45.jpeg

Rather practical car, even without the keys 

Ha, had morning tea for the guys that were doing some concrete paths around our place, and we gathered in the garage.  They said it was the first time they'd ever had scones, jam and cream on a Porsche serving tray......

4 minutes ago, SFZOOM said:

Any workshop recommendations in Sydney for wheel alignment/ride height adjustment/corner weighting?

South - Dave @ East Coast Suspensions is great, and knows these cars very well. 

North - PR Technology 

I wouldn't hesitate recommending either of those shops, I have used (still use) both for a few GT3's now. 

21 hours ago, spiller said:

Previously advertised on FB for 80K. Nice looking car minus the tail lights but why anyone would put badge a vehicle as a model it is not is beyond me.

A badge? I count 8 GT3 badges all up. Someone was trying real hard on this one 😂

On 23/03/2021 at 16:05, cafe_racer said:

22 hours ago, spiller said:

Previously advertised on FB for 80K. Nice looking car minus the tail lights but why anyone would put badge a vehicle as a model it is not is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, MichaelF said:

A badge? I count 8 GT3 badges all up. Someone was trying real hard on this one 😂

I had so much fun watching this video,

So, it's only fair that it's reposted for you guys to have a chuckle too  :Innocent:

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

I had so much fun watching this video,

So, it's only fair that it's reposted for you guys to have a chuckle too  :Innocent:

I just wanna throw rocks at this clown. Lets just hit the limiter a thousand times shall we? Moron

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I just wanna throw rocks at this clown. Lets just hit the limiter a thousand times shall we? Moron

996 carrera

150,000kms

Back yard supercharged

hitting the limiter on every gear change

what could possibly go wrong 💣💥 

I watched it twice but as the saying goes......

Also, this is amusing.

Text from the Lloyds blurb after the car description.  Hmmmm?

"As with all vehicles sold in the Classic Car Division, they have been well looked after by their previous owners."

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Lets just hit the limiter a thousand times shall we? 

Curious if just a one off so went to his channel... People are still letting his drive their cars for videos and he is still hitting the rev limiter consistently! 

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

Curious if just a one off so went to his channel... People are still letting his drive their cars for videos and he is still hitting the rev limiter consistently! 

Stupid is as stupid does mate

2 hours ago, Pembo said:

"As with all vehicles sold in the Classic Car Division, they have been well looked after by their previous owners."

😂😂😂 Wow! 

On 25/03/2021 at 19:47, Dalai said:

Consistency is key in any review situation irrespective of bias peccadillo preference 

On 25/03/2021 at 19:20, Pembo said:

I watched it twice but as the saying goes......

Also, this is amusing.

Text from the Lloyds blurb after the car description.  Hmmmm?

Too be fair .. some people keep their floor mats and foot wells immaculately free of grime and leaf litter