996 GT3 Purchase

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

cant be more than a 220-250 car really .. can it why would you , you would just buy an RS ?  I mean really who just wants one to look at ?  Theres the rev limiter also.. you have to experience.

Then replace all the seals and rubber joints and pull the engine and transmission down to find condensation has damaged surfaces. Part of the oils job is to prevent corrosion. Even if the engine has been regularly started to warm the tyranny hasn't turned at 125klms.

I'm probably wrong though. 🤔

On 06/04/2021 at 18:07, TwoHeadsTas said:

I think I’ve said it before but at that price, it’s not really for sale ...

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Now showing as sold (again)...... 🙂 

Probably more Lorbek / CarSales shenanigans......

Seriously, does this sort of thing happen?  I would never have thought such a thing ...

And if someone actually did pay that price or anywhere near it, they deserve to. 

36 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So is this Arena Red or more likely, Orange Pearl like Dave Twist's car?

It's not Arena Red.

Its a colour that has a couple of names. I know it as Zanzibar Red, but correct name is Orange Pearl metallic.

Just now, luzzo said:

It's Not Arena Red.

Its a colour that has a couple of names. I know it as Zanzibar Red, but correct name is Orange Pearl metallic.

I had thought that Speed Yellow was my ultimate GT3 colour, but after seeing Dave's car at Cars & Cabernet, and then at Luftwasser again, I've chaaged my mind, and Orange Pearl is it 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Looks like the same car as last sold in Adelaide by a dealer just last year. They had 2, one black CS and this by memory.

I think so, and I dont know but CTS sold one just like it some years ago... disappeared, not sure if this is that car? Cant really miss it in RED! 

38 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think so, and I dont know but CTS sold one just like it some years ago... disappeared, not sure if this is that car? Cant really miss it in RED! 

Tipping comp .... whats a good buy , what will it sell at ;)    

Maybe I should buy a 996 all you other blokes have one

When 997 sales have been very very minimal and prices have been the same for sometime or appear to be , what is the real price for a MK1 or Mk2 even in 996 guise and a non CS at that