996 GT3 Purchase

2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

It did that last time . Was interested now I am out . I hate these games 

i received a Carsales alert for this 996GT3RS. It was an alert to say my saved car has changed price.

This usually just means that the seller has reactivated the old Ad.  Then you can adjust price. 

Epic car  :cool07:

1 minute ago, luzzo said:

i received a Carsales alert for this 996GT3RS. It was an alert to say my saved car has changed price.

This usually just means that the seller has reactivated the old Ad.  Then you can adjust price. 

Epic car  :cool07:

Makes sense . Thanks 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I think the seller is the ultimate tyre kicker . Gone to $355 K 

Completely agree. If he has a 996RS in the garage and has to bump the carsales price up and down to get his rocks off, as opposed to actually driving the car, I feel sad for the owner. Sent a message, couldn’t resist! 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

This price merry-go-round is a bigger turn off than taking for sale photos of your car with kids sitting on the bonnet. 

Don't you mock my man @jakroo! .. he drives a 968 .. we have to make allowances and be more understanding ... :cool07:

(I've got your back buddy) ...

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I think the seller is the ultimate tyre kicker . Gone to $355 K 

Not a realestate agent by any chance is he?? Oh wait.. even they don't change their bullshit "price guides" 

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Don't you mock my man @jakroo! .. he drives a 968 .. we have to make allowances and be more understanding ... :cool07:

(I've got your back buddy) ...

Thanks.....I think.

Personally, I think the guy needs to put a child on the front quarter panel and take a photo of it and include it in the advert to generate more interest in it.  I may be biased, but I reckon a kid on the duco is a positive sales differentiator 🙂

1 hour ago, mrar said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693/?Cr=12

They were asking $369+ for these before the latest Crazy strong market hit.

So if this hasnt had more hits than Michael Jackson, is not rusty or rolled bowled and arseholed then spent time in the Joe bloggs paint and panel.

Is it not still good value today @ $355 for such a rare model?

Nah . They were changing hands for $280 K to $300 last time they were on the market. Three cars sat for a little before being snapped up by some  savvy buyers . Most likely still solid buying IMO if they guy is actually selling to start with .

3 minutes ago, mrar said:

Yes, I know that.

Some now owners on this forum took advantage of that.

But b4 that the same cars had listed $369+ on them and ones b4 that more.

It is not back then now.

So what do you do?

I don’t think anyone is arguing the price more that the seller keeps on increasing it every 12 hours or so . Maybe that is why it is not selling ? 
Dunno . 

1 hour ago, mrar said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693/?Cr=12

They were asking $369+ for these before the latest Crazy strong market hit.

So if this hasnt had more hits than Michael Jackson, is not rusty or rolled bowled and arseholed then spent time in the Joe bloggs paint and panel.

Is it not still good value today @ $355 for such a rare model?

This “seller” sounds like an owner operator ...

28 minutes ago, mrar said:

Yes, I know that.

Some now owners on this forum took advantage of that.

But b4 that the same cars had listed $369+ on them and ones b4 that more.

It is not back then now.

So what do you do?

Correct they did list at similar numbers, but they didn’t typically sell at those asking prices. I might be saying that because I want one and don’t have one 😛

4 minutes ago, spiller said:

Correct they did list at similar numbers, but they didn’t typically sell at those asking prices. I might be saying that because I want one and don’t have one 😛

Lol . My rhetoric changes drastically depending on if I am buying or selling 

1 hour ago, James P said:

A clean one was purchased last year for $212k now thats smart money 

If you're talking about the red one from over here my understanding is it can't be registered in Oz as it wasn't a proper "private import", so given those restrictions that was probably about the right money (probably best future for that car would be to re-export back to UK I wonder.......)

12 hours ago, hugh said:

Did it come with an engine? 

Yes same one as it rolled out of the factory with

12 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

If you're talking about the red one from over here my understanding is it can't be registered in Oz as it wasn't a proper "private import", so given those restrictions that was probably about the right money (probably best future for that car would be to re-export back to UK I wonder.......)

Its happily on full registration here in Victoria 

15 minutes ago, James P said:

Not sure how he did it, but he should be very happy now!!  + 50% increase in value in less than 12 months , pretty good!!!  And a F'n good car!!!  It is the only RS I've driven albeit only for 10kms or so 🙂 

26 minutes ago, James P said:

Yes same one as it rolled out of the factory with

I checked with everyone I knew about registering that car.... they all said no, otherwise I would have bid on that car. I should've called you James. Does he/she want to realise a quick profit??? P.S. Still mopping my tears from not buying yours....

24 minutes ago, DD911 said:

I checked with everyone I knew about registering that car.... they all said no, otherwise I would have bid on that car. I should've called you James. Does he/she want to realise a quick profit??? P.S. Still mopping my tears from not buying yours....

Hi Mate, the RS is not for sale & yes you should have bought my 7.1 GT3, I'm sure ill find one for you soon