996 GT3 Purchase

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little more background on the pcarmarket MK2 that sold for $198K USD..................

We are pleased to present this 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 finished in Carrara White.  Named for the FIA racing class for which it was designed as a homologation vehicle, the 996 GT3 is sought after for its race-derived Mezger flat-six engine and visceral driver-oriented characteristics.  Representing the second phase of development for Porsche’s original GT3 model, this 2004 example was generously equipped from the factory with Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) and a premium Grey Natural Leather interior with Custom Tailoring.  Prior to the seller’s recent acquisition, this GT3 had spent its entire life under the care of the original owner in Florida, being used almost exclusively as a show car.  It is said to have won every Concours d’Elegance event in which it has been entered and was also featured as a display car at both the 50th Porsche Parade in Hershey and Rennsport Reunion III at Daytona Speedway.   

and with the optioned ''touring'' seats!TED70977.jpg

9 minutes ago, spiller said:

254K AUD with today's exchange rate. That probably is indeed a world record.

I don't think it's that much of a record price as here in OZ we have had sales within $20k of that for 996 GT3's (non RS) even going back a few years  

1 hour ago, James P said:

If anyone is interested in MK1 996 GT3 CS mentioned above with delivery km's, feel free to get in contact with me 

It’s listed on lorbek as sold James ? 

1 hour ago, James P said:

I don't think it's that much of a record price as here in OZ we have had sales within $20k of that for 996 GT3's (non RS) even going back a few years  

Interesting that they go back a few years. Very low km cars I'm assuming?  I know of the recent couple of cars that got close. 

What ever happened with the black996GT3 ex (Rusty French) I think that Lorbek’s were selling from memory that was about 390k.I’m guessing it sold because the other car that was for sale with it (997GT3)is still for sale.

2 minutes ago, MARTY said:

What ever happened with the black996GT3 ex (Rusty French) I think that Lorbek’s were selling from memory that was about 390k.I’m guessing it sold because the other car that was for sale with it (997GT3)is still for sale.

Look back to James P's post from Tuesday, about 6 or 7 posts back