996 GT3 Purchase

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Nice car but that is a lot for a non CS car . Had my first real drive back in the 997 GT3 after stepping out of the 991.2 GT3 yesterday so glad I Devolved what a car 

With respect when comparing - Apples aint Apples

Manual and Auto 2 different cars

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Not really . I loved the PDK and would have another and will when I get a 992 . My love affair with the 997 is the size and feedback through the steering and chassis the gearbox would not have made a difference . 
Not taking anything away from the 911 that car is amazing just finding the 997 a bit more fun to drive for me . I had fun in it yesterday 

14 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Not really . I loved the PDK and would have another and will when I get a 992 . My love affair with the 997 is the size and feedback through the steering and chassis the gearbox would not have made a difference

Fair enough however I believe the PDK has a huge impact on ones "connectedness" with the car! It will be interesting to drive the 992 GT3 the size is still large however the feedback lost  through the steering and chassis in the 991 generation is supposed to be back on point. Time will tell I guess.

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Agreed.....I attribute it to Cars and Cabernet :cool07:

I think the technical term is 'A Fu*k tonne of money' :ph34r:

This aint money any more its silly numbers on the page.. they aint worth it of your talking earnt dollar and not borrowed or if you have won the lottery or fumbled through a bit of real estate deal..   Just go buy a car in europe and import it if they are that fantastic ..  even a RS with those diffrence in prices.

2 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

They aint nothing like each other  I agree MR

All that said 

I think that one sale DONT define a market and there is a buyer out there .. fuelled up on market hype , Covid f.ch it you only live once attitude and a money is cheap outlook.

If you had a few stashed in the garage it would be time to cash out , if you got one , are you ever really gonna sell it if they are that good and you are  in love with it..  buy and sell in the same crazy market aint making money.

Let me be controversial and say .. you need to consider 997s at that price point.

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

Looking forward to see how $280 for 996GT3 goes..! 

Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7322200

Thats my old GT3 - he bought it less than 10 months ago @ a lot, lot less than he's asking....  

2 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Thats my old GT3 - he bought it less than 40 months ago @ a lot, lot less than he's asking....  

Now tell us you thrashed the shit out of it and never serviced it properly cos it was your third car and kissed a wall with it ;) but its a good thing and some sucker will buy it for only a week $270 k

18 minutes ago, hugh said:

996 vs 997 = 964 vs 993. 

Different folks, different strokes. 

Politician -- yes both good cars .. the 993 better and the 997 also ;)   

and remember more than 2 strokes. your a w...ker

Yes I would have your car , just couldnt drive it like you , happy to give you the $350k its worth in this market ;)  or I will go buy a GT2 997 

Just now, edgy said:

I reckon GT2's (both 996 & 997) are a relative bargain in the market mate... definitely worth considering should you wish to make a comeback tour to GT land... 

White .....Hmmmmm.. Turbo fizzy Sounds ....Hmmm .. GT 9000 RPM..........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM , I could also follow in your foot steps and go with the dark side of the force with Blue 

1 minute ago, mrar said:

What 993 are you thinking of?

Here is a quote post awhile back from a member who owned 993rscs and 996gt3's

"on the differences between it and the RSCS I had.  That car was a blast, raw, involving - best of breed. And yet, on any measure, subjective and objective, the 99 GT3 is the superior car by a mile.  As is every GT P car since. 

And the best bit, you can get that superior experience for around $500,000 less than the cost of an RS. Yes, 150-200 K is still serious wedge but if you can go there, you're not missing a thing in not having the RS experience. "

Yes we are comparing super models with , super models , which my eyes can have ideas and hold promises  of what I would do to entertain them,  a little like my old school cheques I would offer up against RSCS , 993TTS and RS GT3996 and RS997 RS.  Along with a 911 R or a  tasty Touring 991 even with the bloat factor. 

The garage spot was cleared and I will get another GT , just not sure it will be our 280k hero car ...    The GT cars that keep me awake at night .. but our Aussie stock is a bit $Xy

58 minutes ago, spiller said:

He’s put a lot of kms on it then. Didn’t it have 20K when you got it?

Yes I bought it @ 21,000km and sold it @ 33,000km after 3 years ownership. So he's done about 6,000km in less than a year (I miss typed 40 months since sold instead of 10 months in my original reply above).

Which equates to well, over $100,000 profit if he gets what he's asking... Not a bad return on investment.🤑

993 was the last version of the old chassis, same roof, cabin size etc. last air cooled car - the pinnacle of the old car.

The 996 GT3 is the first of the new generation, balanced chassis, shares crankcase from 964, no computer driving aids, significantly more efficient than the previous model it replaced. Most importantly only driving aid is ABS.  Air conditioning that works on a hot day.

I have had both, I prefer the 996 GT3 as a good all rounder.

They are still cheap, even at what some think are elevated prices.

There is still a chance to own one, just do it.

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Gotta love our sunburnt country ... a land of endless opportunity. 😁

Sunburnt opportunist alright , why on earth would you pay that when u can pay 310k for a UK RS at retail and import it later/shortly , RHD with 16,000kms on it ...

11 minutes ago, symsy said:

Sunburnt opportunist alright , why on earth wold you pay that when u can pay 310k for a UK RS at retail and import it later/shortly , RHD with 16,000kms on it ...

$310 K here or still in the UK ?This one looks nice 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265206401872?hash=item3dbf888b50:g:yUsAAOSw~oFg1F~-

3 minutes ago, Rick V said:

+ customs duty + GST + LCT

My sums most definitely don’t make it a worthwhile exercise . The higher km UK 996 GT3 cars still are going to cost $185,000 AUD before you get it without considering hold ups on the docks . This is for a non CS car