996 GT3 Purchase

16 minutes ago, spiller said:

I passed on the only MK2 Forrest green in Aus back in 2013. No regrets but I’d love to own that car today. Such a beautiful colour. 

M2, from memory I offered $100K, wanted $107K (Brisbane CS with personalised plates) _ Colour I think was Teal Green (only one delivered to Aus)

26 minutes ago, GTP911 said:

M2, from memory I offered $100K, wanted $107K (Brisbane CS with personalised plates) _ Colour I think was Teal Green (only one delivered to Aus)

Yep it was a MK2 and he wanted 107. I think he got less than 100 in the end but I could be wrong. Yes CS and carbon ceramics, really cool spec. I was led to believe teal green and Forrest green were the same?

That silver one is the Brisbane car that sat on carsales for about 3 months last year at 160ish. Odd that it didn’t sell at the time as the market was hotting up. It’s not a Clubsport, but has the buckets in leather and moderate kms around 50K ish from memory. 

55 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

In the words of a fellow Porsche owner if you don't sell into this bubble its true love 

I don’t think GT3’s are in a bubble. There are loads of cars that are. But crunch the we numbers on production numbers, race winning pedigree, analog driving experience,

They are now not cheep anymore, but are a compelling purchase for the $$

Especially considering we are heading into years of inflation that we have not seen since the late 80’s.

Drive an Ausie muscle car of similar value - then get back in your GT3. Then you will realise what you have.

Something to ponder 

8 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I don’t think GT3’s are in a bubble. There are loads of cars that are. But crunch the we numbers on production numbers, race winning pedigree, analog driving experience,

They are now not cheep anymore, but are a compelling purchase for the $$

Especially considering we are heading into years of inflation that we have not seen since the late 80’s.

Drive an Ausie muscle car of similar value - then get back in your GT3. Then you will realise what you have.

Something to ponder 

I think you may be right. Both 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 - I think are going to keep going up……991 and non GT3 in 996 and 997 much less so. 

Earlier this year I brokered a deal on this 996.1 GT3 Clubsport for a family member, I knew where this GT3 was hiding for a long time & eventually managed to secure it... well a lot can happen in a few months & this week i bought it, extremely happy to have 1 of the 11 white  Australian delivered 996.1 GT3's in my garage. 

11 minutes ago, James P said:

Earlier this year I brokered a deal on this 996.1 GT3 Clubsport for a family member, I knew where this GT3 was hiding for a long time & eventually managed to secure it... well a lot can happen in a few months & this week i bought it, extremely happy to have 1 of the 11 white  Australian delivered 996.1 GT3's in my garage. 

Fuck that looks amazing . I thought the F word was warranted.

Well done 👍