996 GT3 Purchase

20 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Current list price in Oz for the shift knob is $580 + GST

I'm probably going to remove my Alcantara 996 GT3RS shift knob, handbrake and steering wheel to go back to stock if they're of interest to anyone....?  Swapsies...?

What colour stitching?

4 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

I'll have to look at PET again. From memory there are LHD and RHD versions but I wonder what the actual differences are.....

Edit - I'm sure the bases are offset differently. Wonder if the handle is removable....?

I don’t think the bases are as the LHD and RHD cars use the same centre console. It’s just biased towards LHD.

8 hours ago, 1st said:

Hey guys are the GT3 centre consoles the same as the Boxster / 996’s or are they unique to this model? 

In the GT3 they seem to have a rubberised coating ?

Thanks all 

Contact @dan_189 dparts.com.au here in Melbourne i think he has one & may be able to answer the question 

8 hours ago, 1st said:

Hey guys are the GT3 centre consoles the same as the Boxster / 996’s or are they unique to this model? 

In the GT3 they seem to have a rubberised coating ?

Thanks all 

Remember they were an add-on option in the GT3 (CD holder, storage tray, radio location etc).......

Main centre console (up the middle) could be optioned as body colour, otherwise I think were rubberised as standard??

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Remember they were an add-on option in the GT3 (CD holder, storage tray, radio location etc).......

Main centre console (up the middle) could be optioned as body colour, otherwise I think were rubberised as standard??

Say rubberised again. Just for me.

On 16/10/2021 at 14:21, luzzo said:

Here it is again...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7457134

$269,000 this time. 

What's your bet this time @edgy..? 

So we're about 1 month on the market, and it is still for sale... quite the contrast to the 24-48 hour listings we had seen earlier on. 

Now what is the collective chain of thought? Discuss, my flame suit is on 🥵

On 17/10/2021 at 06:41, sjm said:

Had try of Danny’s wine last Sunday at St Hugo’s in the Barossa. Very big, bold and traditional Barossa in body. They were saying cellar for approx 7 years 😳

Sorry I missed this until going back to a post! 

By DRC I was referring: http://www.mwwines.com.au/museum-wine-shop/wines/wine-item/Domaine-de-la-Romanee-Conti/Romanee-Conti-Grand-Cru/Red-Burgundy/2016/00097001270201600001 

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

So we're about 1 month on the market, and it is still for sale... quite the contrast to the 24-48 hour listings we had seen earlier on. 

Now what is the collective chain of thought? Discuss, my flame suit is on 🥵

Dare I say it would have had a better chance with a dealer like CTS where it was originally listed. I understand the owner wasn't happy with CTS but at that level of spend it opens up opportunity for more buyers (trade ins etc.) 

It looks like a nice car. I tend to find silver doesn't generally attract a premium though in terms of colour. I'd expect 'fair' pricing to be at 230-250k with a private seller. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Mmmm, a small difference in price😦, i think Danny Ric's plonk was $65. Out of my league I'm afraid. Would be amazing to try though.

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Dare I say it would have had a better chance with a dealer like CTS where it was originally listed. I understand the owner wasn't happy with CTS but at that level of spend it opens up opportunity for more buyers (trade ins etc.) 

It looks like a nice car. I tend to find silver doesn't generally attract a premium though in terms of colour. I'd expect 'fair' pricing to be at 230-250k with a private seller. 

My question is at what price , do you just buy and put it in storage if you just wanna bank one of these cars for a rainy day, if u have money sitting in the bank that aint moving anywhere..or in real estate..  Is it an instrument of investment?  Thats presuming the seller is open to solid unemotional offers in the lower price bracket. In that colour , the market evidently has a limit.. pretty colours do seem to rock someones world . Theres maybe someone who is still shopping for an early xmas present.  

If I were an investor I would want to be targeting 20% on my money and if I were a trader maybe more.  We do live in such a small pond.. the CTS/Dutton hype does seem to shift cars. maybe its the smiles from the receptionists that drains blood from the head to d..k and along with it price considerations.

All in all its a clean unit but a lottery picking the price.  Im still wondering how they in general hyped and booster from 180s to 200 and beyond so quick ..  a red car and yellow one started the trend... my vote is $210k is solid buying and I feel sellers should listen to that if they have had ownership for a few years and just wanna move on .. theres a room for both to win that way.

Evidently if its just been bought buy a speculator , the number will need to be higher and maybe they will have to keep it.

I would have one for investment and  the driveability but would prefer a 997 GT3 overall for drivability and the road use i would put it to.  

Is this owner just dirty with CTS , have too higher expectations and been turning offers away and has a screwed up selling campaign.. who knows?

20 minutes ago, hugh said:

Give him a call, be great to see you in a 996 GT3! 

Im too wild mate , need 4wd and or traction control , my boots are for tyre kicking mostly .. the best heel and toe i can do is in me motorcross boots, kicking up sparks when i walk the pit lane