996 GT3 Purchase

8 hours ago, spiller said:

I agonised over that description. Judgement from PFA was in the back of my mind the whole time! 😄

@spiller don’t do it, unless you absolutely have to. You have an amazing car that I think you will regret letting go from the stable.

When money is so cheap, why sell something this is fun and cheap to own

Thanks guys, I’m sure I will regret letting it go it at some stage but I want to try a 997 for something (a little bit but not much) different. Having said that, I won’t be fire selling it as I love the car and realise there probably isn’t another 6.2 CS out there like this! If it doesn’t sell it it’s getting a cup final drive, guard diff and LWFW 😬

7 minutes ago, spiller said:

Thanks guys, I’m sure I will regret letting it go it at some stage but I want to try a 997 for something (a little bit but not much) different. Having said that, I won’t be fire selling it as I love the car and realise there probably isn’t another 6.2 CS out there like this! If it doesn’t sell it it’s getting a cup final drive, guard diff and LWFW 😬

Mine has has a single mass flywheel, low diff and rebuilt LSD. Must haves in a .2. Factory flywheel in the .2 is such a downer.

24 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Mine has has a single mass flywheel, low diff and rebuilt LSD. Must haves in a .2. Factory flywheel in the .2 is such a downer.

Totally. My last one had all of the above and it was night and day. Those bits with some decent suspension transform the car. 

2 hours ago, red clubbie said:

My old car.....looks like it's on the move again.

I remember I bought it with 25900 k's on the clock.

Cheers,

Geoff.

52 minutes ago, 901er said:

So we’ve only managed 5500kms between the 3 of us 😬

28 minutes ago, spiller said:

In 7 years ☹️

Bloody hopeless you lot! 😅

9 minutes ago, spiller said:

In my defence I’ve done 2,000 of those 5,500 in 10 months! Shame on @901er and @red clubbie 😁

Ok, I’ll put my hand up, I’m the worst offender. I saved it for the next bloke, and look where that got me, lesson for everyone right there 😆

10 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I find the cars that are not driven a confusing thing.  I can’t work out what else one would do with a car other than drive it - it’s basically all cars do or are for! 

Same.  I just put km across each car through the year, no point saving them for the next person IMO.