996 GT3 Purchase

On 25/12/2021 at 22:06, mc968cs said:

I find the cars that are not driven a confusing thing.  I can’t work out what else one would do with a car other than drive it - it’s basically all cars do or are for! 

I totally agree. Drive when it’s rewarding., save it from the peak hour!

Just brought my , new to me , gt3  996 .01 , home to sydney from Adelaide via grampians, melbourne, yea , Mansfield , Beechworth, corryong, adaminaby , cooma, tarago ,Vincentia and kangaroo valley. Managed 2350 km driving over 3 days with only 100 km on the Hume. Epic trip with a good mate Co driving.  Got to know a lot about the car and what I now look forward to learning more about through driving. 

36 minutes ago, Asyd said:

Just brought my , new to me , gt3  996 .01 , home to sydney from Adelaide via grampians, melbourne, yea , Mansfield , Beechworth, corryong, adaminaby , cooma, tarago ,Vincentia and kangaroo valley. Managed 2350 km driving over 3 days with only 100 km on the Hume. Epic trip with a good mate Co driving.  Got to know a lot about the car and what I now look forward to learning more about through driving. 

Hi Aldo, good to see you enjoying it & glad i could help you with the purchase of this car in an off market deal...

4 hours ago, Asyd said:

Mate congratulations and what a perfect and epic start to your GT3 ownership journey.  Well done. 

5 hours ago, Asyd said:

Details @Asyd ? Colour, kms, spec and pics of course 😎

LWFW is a great thing in these- also a 4:1 r&p and delish! 

On 01/01/2022 at 13:54, Asyd said:

What a trip! Great to see you getting straight into it on the first drive! Putting more kms on these cars, or any Porker imo is increasing their value- living like there is no tomorrow, not protecting pennies!

5 minutes ago, Peter John said:

LWFW is a great thing in these- also a 4:1 r&p and delish! 

What a trip! Great to see you getting straight into it on the first drive! Putting more kms on these cars, or any Porker imo is increasing their value- living like there is no tomorrow, not protecting pennies!

On 04/01/2022 at 19:14, Cam Arnott said:

Sing out when you're ready mate 😉

Would it change clutch feel any lighter ??  Just curious would seriously consider if it makes clutch any lighter. 

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Clutch pedal or clutch feel? Pedal will feel the same but you’ll spin up quicker, it’ll drop quicker, so you’ll be dancing like Friday night. It’s fine in traffic other than giving you the feeling that you have ants in your pants.

Thanks. Its more Clutch feel (heavy vs light).  what I gather from your explation is , essentially same clutch feel, but very fast response. 

On 01/01/2022 at 19:45, 901er said:

Details @Asyd ? Colour, kms, spec and pics of course 😎

:) photos to prove it happened!

Simple taco spoiler touring spec ; Arctic silver with leather buckets. Tooma dam was bucketing down with rain. Still not much vegetation for wildlife up in the ranges since the fires298113257_toomadam.thumb.jpg.0e27a83be7be3325cc9b1e69a8861088.jpgboardertown.thumb.jpg.74a0348edcaa5ad49e4a1eada02ee03e.jpg