4 hours ago, Asyd said:

I totally agree. Drive when it’s rewarding., save it from the peak hour!

Just brought my , new to me , gt3  996 .01 , home to sydney from Adelaide via grampians, melbourne, yea , Mansfield , Beechworth, corryong, adaminaby , cooma, tarago ,Vincentia and kangaroo valley. Managed 2350 km driving over 3 days with only 100 km on the Hume. Epic trip with a good mate Co driving.  Got to know a lot about the car and what I now look forward to learning more about through driving. 

Mate congratulations and what a perfect and epic start to your GT3 ownership journey.  Well done. 

Excellent @Asyd congratulations. There is nothing like a road trip home in a new acquisition. Really amplifies the bonding experience with the car. 

5 hours ago, Asyd said:

Just brought my , new to me , gt3  996 .01 , home to sydney from Adelaide via grampians, melbourne, yea , Mansfield , Beechworth, corryong, adaminaby , cooma, tarago ,Vincentia and kangaroo valley. Managed 2350 km driving over 3 days with only 100 km on the Hume. Epic trip with a good mate Co driving.  Got to know a lot about the car and what I now look forward to learning more about through driving. 

Details @Asyd ? Colour, kms, spec and pics of course 😎

12 hours ago, 901er said:

On hold…

sale pending or change of heart @spiller

I am hoping something has stirred the soul of one who had been tempted to stray from the flock..! 
Blessed is the 996GT3. 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

now I feel guilty for ever having thoughts of betrayal 🥷

And so you bloody should 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

@901erHad a couple of great drives over the last week to reacquaint myself with the car and now I feel guilty for ever having thoughts of betrayal 🥷

Hallelujah!🤗

13 hours ago, spiller said:

@901erHad a couple of great drives over the last week to reacquaint myself with the car and now I feel guilty for ever having thoughts of betrayal 🥷

Amen, 

LWFW is a great thing in these- also a 4:1 r&p and delish! 

On 01/01/2022 at 13:54, Asyd said:

What a trip! Great to see you getting straight into it on the first drive! Putting more kms on these cars, or any Porker imo is increasing their value- living like there is no tomorrow, not protecting pennies!

5 minutes ago, Peter John said:

LWFW is a great thing in these- also a 4:1 r&p and delish! 

What a trip! Great to see you getting straight into it on the first drive! Putting more kms on these cars, or any Porker imo is increasing their value- living like there is no tomorrow, not protecting pennies!

On 04/01/2022 at 19:14, Cam Arnott said:

Sing out when you're ready mate 😉

Would it change clutch feel any lighter ??  Just curious would seriously consider if it makes clutch any lighter. 

Clutch pedal or clutch feel? Pedal will feel the same but you’ll spin up quicker, it’ll drop quicker, so you’ll be dancing like Friday night. It’s fine in traffic other than giving you the feeling that you have ants in your pants.

I've stalled my standard setup a few times on take off out of a tight parking situation. 

Can only think I'd need more revs and look like bigger dh when doing same with lwfw.

Not at all just slight adjustment but you’d get it straight away- very easy imo from hill starts or tight slow speed stuff.

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Clutch pedal or clutch feel? Pedal will feel the same but you’ll spin up quicker, it’ll drop quicker, so you’ll be dancing like Friday night. It’s fine in traffic other than giving you the feeling that you have ants in your pants.

Thanks. Its more Clutch feel (heavy vs light).  what I gather from your explation is , essentially same clutch feel, but very fast response. 

Yeah that’s it. Clutch pedal would still feel the same and some would describe as heavy- I like it- prefer to a light one. More the engine response - feels like you’ve thrown your back back off after climbing a hill. 

On 01/01/2022 at 19:45, 901er said:

Details @Asyd ? Colour, kms, spec and pics of course 😎

:) photos to prove it happened!

Simple taco spoiler touring spec ; Arctic silver with leather buckets. Tooma dam was bucketing down with rain. Still not much vegetation for wildlife up in the ranges since the fires298113257_toomadam.thumb.jpg.0e27a83be7be3325cc9b1e69a8861088.jpgboardertown.thumb.jpg.74a0348edcaa5ad49e4a1eada02ee03e.jpg

Just got notification that the Arctic Silver comfort at same price is sold, or perhaps now withdrawn??

Slightly off topic but I’m pretty sure I’ve got most of the 996 GT3 bodies in this thread.

Anyone got standard set of springs for a mk2? Mine has the standard dampers but stiffer springs and they’re too bouncy for Tassie roads which I’m heading to in tue next month. 

DM if you can help?

Cheers.