996 GT3 Purchase

5 hours ago, edgy said:

That is absolutely delicious spec! Possibly the best colour for 6.1 IMO... 

I do remember about 10 years ago one of those sitting forever on carsales, no one wanted it cos of the colour, it like $85k or thereabout... how the tables have turned! :lol: 

Congratulations & commiserations! 

But yes, when real sellers and buyers align, it often happens off market.. 

I seriously considered it back then and then bought a BMW 1M instead. Oops.

8 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Can attest this car is as good in the metal as it looks in the pics. If someone wants one of these in absolutely perfect condition they should buy it.

15 hours ago, mrar said:

I remember that car.

Was also spec'd with about $40k worth of options.

Do you know what the options were please @mrar?

I’d be interested in what such expensive options were available back then … 

Cheers!

2 hours ago, mrar said:

The owner sent me a pic of the under bonnet sticker at the time.

I've looked for the image but think it was sent to my old phone not my email.

When I get a chance I will see if I can find it, give me some time.

From memory one of the options that stood out was the wheels. They were not standard 10 spoke gt3 but were different looking style, factory supplied. I cant remember the finer details, I was awhile ago.

Harry @pcm confirmed the options when I called him earlier while driving with a visitor from the factory sitting next to him in the car.

I seem to remember it wasn't straight forward to decode the options list, so German visitor was handy to have on hand in the car. Was an intersting call.

I gave him (seller) Harry's contact detail at pcm to find out for himself what he had.

I know the car you are thinking of, and this car...and this car is not the car you're thinking of. 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I like South African pricing .

By my calculations this would be approx $130000 AUD landed ? Things will change on pricing when 25 year rule kicks in on these 

Porsche 911 GT3 (996) for sale in Sandton - ID: 26446408 - AutoTrader

In the correct colour too!

Nah, non-aussie delivered, obvious shitter :Chuckle2:

1 minute ago, JLD said:

taxi yellow?🚕🚖🤣

What surprises me is how many cars I've seen have the centre console optioned.  As I understand, the console delete was standard, but car could be optioned with it at no cost.  I'd have thought console delete was more in character with the car, even for comfort spec (my car is a comfort with console delete)??

35 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Bring it on!

One of my favourite Porsche colours of all time is Signal Yellow aka Mango aka US school bus yellow.

porsche-992-gt3-c392417032021192809_4.jpg

Yes please!!

yeah, that's pretty hot. I find the earlier yellows to be a little pale. I prefer the bold colouring

Totally Off topic - kinda.....

I am in the process of clearing out some of my (400+ don't ask) model collection. No Burago - all Minichamps/AutoArt/UT/Exoto/Dealer issues.

I came across these 2 this morning - never been out of the box. Super Rare. None available on ebay in AU = only from Japan @ $700+ each

Perfect for the GT3RS owner...... PM me if you're that guy! Before they go on the Bay!

@LeeM Delete if in the wrong spot?

Simon

IMG_4012.jpeg

Well my silver car has now been delivered to the new owner, and should be arriving in Sydney this afternoon.  I hope he has as much enjoyment from it as I did.  Another off market deal done, a little complication at the end which we worked through and sorted out in a commonsense way 🙂

Sounds like the car will get a bit of track time as it should 🙂 

On 19/06/2022 at 12:48, TwoHeadsTas said:

Well my silver car has now been delivered to the new owner, and should be arriving in Sydney this afternoon.  I hope he has as much enjoyment from it as I did.  Another off market deal done, a little complication at the end which we worked through and sorted out in a commonsense way 🙂

Sounds like the car will get a bit of track time as it should 🙂 

Glad it all worked out 👍

Looks like new listing at Lorbek Sydney

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-20841077/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=ca6e4eaf-b18c-49a1-9c6a-9729c35576e4

Comfort but with 4 point harness - I thought you weren't supposed to use a 4 point without scaffolding??

60,000kms, $270k

59 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Looks like new listing at Lorbek Sydney

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-20841077/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=ca6e4eaf-b18c-49a1-9c6a-9729c35576e4

Comfort but with 4 point harness - I thought you weren't supposed to use a 4 point without scaffolding??

60,000kms, $270k

It’s got an aftermarket harness bar in the back… 

but let’s be real here it’s worth buying for that VERY RARE umbrella…. 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

41 minutes ago, edgy said:

It’s got an aftermarket harness bar in the back… 

@edgy... you've changed mate. 🥴

Back in the good ol' days you would have been all over that 'comfort' comment.  

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

@edgy... you've changed mate. 🥴

Back in the good ol' days you would have been all over that 'comfort' comment.  

I gotta cut Pete some slack, only because he has the dirt on me 😜… but to his credit, he said ‘comfort’ not “touring”… I can only deduct one point for the lack of “K” in Komfort 

next person to say touring; “no soup for you” 

PS - honourable mention to Lorbeks for the Comfort designation