996 GT3 Purchase

Whats the go with prices on the 996 TT v 996 GT3 ,  i wonder which one will  hold its value more

totally different cars , why would you buy one over the other , anyone had both would love to hear 

your comments .

Thread hijack alert......buy a GT2! GT3 chassis, Turbo engine with more power, RWD, 100kg less weight.

I cant stand those carsales template ads. Unfortunately most GT3 owners seem to utilise them...does this say something about their internet knowhow (or lack there of?)

Also anyone notice this one has been edited with new pics and an increased price? Was listed a few months ago for 99K or there abouts IIRC

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-2811083/?Cr=2

there's also this one from Adelaide

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-3251751/?Cr=6

saw it at the Porsche Club supersprint last month, very clean looking car (no affiliation with the owner)

Whatever the car, 100K plus seems to be the theme currently. Not sure the market is there just yet tho?

Interesting to see prices creeping back up toward $110k. For a very short time last year they dipped into the 80s with several on market. Several cars sat on market for a long time which drove prices down, will scarcity slowly edge them back up. Hope so.....! Hard to see 997.1 GT3 getting down into 130s again as we saw last year.

Interesting to see prices creeping back up toward $110k. For a very short time last year they dipped into the 80s with several on market. Several cars sat on market for a long time which drove prices down, will scarcity slowly edge them back up. Hope so.....! Hard to see 997.1 GT3 getting down into 130s again as we saw last year.

They will be diminished by track incidents (and the ones that go into hiding after 944s pass them  :ph34r: ) ,  so from hereon in it's likely the good ones will be a solid investment..

Mick sounds like you got a gem. Guards red is my fav.

That RS 3.8....very very well priced, perhaps the cheapest one I've seen which is suprising given the current market. If I win the lottery...

If I could work out how to post pics up I would. Absolutely loving the car though.

• 2 months later...

Good thread guys , obviously the RS and CS take the cake but whats the view on the touring ???

Depends on what you consider to be a touring? The touring cars could be optioned with bucket seats, so only difference between club sport and touring in that instance is the material on the seats and a roll cage (except 996.1 CS also had a single mass flywheel where as series 2 cars all had the same dual mass flywheel). Personally if you want to track the car, the bucket seats are important as second hand ones are close to 5K. Roll bars can be had relatively cheaply.

What I'm saying is it's more important to buy the right car with the specs and condition you want rather than limit your search criteria to just clubsport or touring.

Edgy, keep it mate! At least ride the wave while it's still growing? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Car Mick it famous down our neck of the woods ..a few piccys of your car at Byron Cars and Coffee

Was a great day enjoyed the drive and the Farm was a great place.