996 GT3 Purchase

I thought bespoke meant unique, custom but also of a certain quality, tasteful.  Like a finely tailored suit.  I think this would better suit that green abomination. 

kitsch

• Art, objects, or design considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.

9 hours ago, RD964C2 said:

Re: that white WA 996.1 GT3 for sale, I enquired about it recently and asked for some photos of the VIN stickers. It turns out the VIN on the sticker under the bonnet doesn't match the VIN in the service manual or the VIN plate......

Does the VIN on the service manual and the chassis match?

ie.  Has it just had a second hand bonnet installed?

On 13 May 2018 at 8:59 AM, Peter M said:

Does the VIN on the service manual and the chassis match?

ie.  Has it just had a second hand bonnet installed?

I heard its under the car not the bonnet that you should be looking.  I guess as long as its straight.. at the right price..cheapest hotrod in town.

I remember looking at Kermit in Singapore at the end of its 10 year COE. From memory it was SGD $138,000. I don’t care if it cost a lot of money to build....it felt cheap, looked horrible & wouldn’t start !! I doubt it’s improved in the intervening years...you can buy some sensational cars at that price & Kermit is not one of them ?

3 hours ago, GRK930 said:

If it’s been repaired properly then this is a bargain. Who’s going to bite? Will probably be had for $110-$115k if pushed

50/50 mate , you're the repair guru   , we could RWB it something 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

HK (imported) 2001 996 GT3 MK1 just listed @ Autohaus: Think it may be the same car discussed in 2017? (with added Martini stickers?):  $154,900, low 39Ks

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-16019139/?Cr=0

2000 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual

Is it not a little overpriced .. in this market ?  Looks like a nice car though, it will be interesting to if a GT3 is immune from the dirty import virus and its pricing ;) A liitle test .

The White 2001 Import that FUCHer did the deal on from Autohaus in Sept was the one I missed out on.  It sold in about 3 days and I'm pretty sure the asking price was about $20K below this one with similar low KM's.  If this sells at mid $150's then someone will be smiling?.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, On the Limit said:

The White 2001 Import that FUCHer did the deal on from Autohaus in Sept was the one I missed out on.  It sold in about 3 days and I'm pretty sure the asking price was about $20K below this one with similar low KM's.  If this sells at mid $150's then someone will be smiling?.

Isn’t it the same car?