996 GT3 Purchase

On 9/3/2018 at 7:00 PM, Jason A said:

Luck boy having the Adelaide hills available, some of the best driving roads in the country 

I was on holiday in the Adelaide Hills last year, sitting at the top of Mt Lofty one fine evening, enjoying the sunset and the sound of P-cars reverberating around the valleys below. It's special driving, for sure.

9 hours ago, MezgerMan said:

I was on holiday in the Adelaide Hills last year, sitting at the top of Mt Lofty one fine evening, enjoying the sunset and the sound of P-cars reverberating around the valleys below. It's special driving, for sure.

That was probably us ?

Welcome @Rick V We'll organise a Sunday run soon and post it up in the SMT thread  (Sunday Morning Treffen). Until then, @Stew F and @AndrewW are usually out every weekend (mine is at th crash shop for a little while)

Cheers 

Lee

23 hours ago, edgy said:

So have I made the right decision to keep mine and NOT buy a cup? 

Why not have both ? :D I'm kidding myself imagining that I'd be using the GT3 much anyway with two kids under two, so I may as well have the garage ornament that costs less! No question, nothing like cup car on track...good drugs.

2 hours ago, spiller said:

Why not have both ? :D I'm kidding myself imagining that I'd be using the GT3 much anyway with two kids under two, so I may as well have the garage ornament that costs less! No question, nothing like cup car on track...good drugs.

I am working on that, alas marriage & kids is probably next life projects! I am content, for now ... 

:lol:

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Windsor289 said:

Some really nice 996 GT3 (Mk2s) currently hitting the market , following appears to be a low KM really nice Clubsport at @ $147K (which 18 months ago would have sold in a week?)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-5598951/?Cr=0

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04

Not this car, e.g. this red GT3 is a Touring and the clip car is a Clubsport _ BTW I met the owner at a Vic C&C, really nice/knowable car guy that bought the car from Rob @ RSR Garage (notice the picture location near the Yarra and the sticker in the Qtr window) some years ago and has used it infrequently since. Super clean/nice GT3.

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04

I see this one has disappeared from Carsales in the last week..... any PFA'er laying claim to it, or know if it sold? 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:16 AM, spiller said:

I'm kidding myself imagining that I'd be using the GT3 much anyway with two kids under two, so I may as well have the garage ornament that costs less!

Expensive accessories these pet humans ? Not that I have any that I know of 

I expect at the very least something like an Audi RS3 as your new daily now that the Yankee thing is gone ?

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Expensive accessories these pet humans ? Not that I have any that I know of 

I expect at the very least something like an Audi RS3 as your new daily now that the Yankee thing is gone ?

Haha if time is money then yes, pricey!! Hmm probably stick with the boring Ute daily for the time being and out the energy into the blue shuttle :)

3 hours ago, MezgerMan said:

The Silver CS ad now says "deposit taken".

Its been a week since I bought the blue one & I'm absolutely loving it......except bloody work keeps getting in the way of me taking it out for another squirt.  Red one gone, black one gone & silver one under offer.  Glad I got in when I did! 

5 hours ago, spiller said:

Haha if time is money then yes, pricey!! Hmm probably stick with the boring Ute daily for the time being and out the energy into the blue shuttle :)

Good plan mate. Glad you're keeping the Cup ? And I drive a van everyday, so I know what boring is! 

I was searching for the right 993C2M after letting my 964C2M go but couldn't find the right car.

Went sideways and bought a GT3 and haven't regretted a moment. Its just enough comfort with a real analog experience which keeps you honest as a driver. It may as well be a cup for its practicality and I don't get to drive it as often as I'd like.

Still haven't got round to installing Spillers RS wheel! An RS3 would be a rapid daily but I can see the appeal of something lumbering and couch like. There were only two Seal Grey GT36.2 sold. I wonder if the other one is still out there, I think I saw it at Rennsport a few years ago.

CTGT3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jim45 said:

that Seal Grey GT3 is the nuts....Nearly bought a Targa that colour a few years ago.....

unfortunately these things are just out of my grasp......"shakes fist"

Was it a 964 Targa? The guy I bought this off regretted it and bought a grey Targa to replace it...wonder if that was the same car?

1 hour ago, Carby said:

Was it a 964 Targa? The guy I bought this off regretted it and bought a grey Targa to replace it...wonder if that was the same car?

Not the same car, was a 996 Targa....... a 964 will do nicely though!

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lifted the following from a UK WEB site: thought the info may be interesting to other 996 GT3 owners.

Greetings,

Found these in the FIA Historic Database:

996 GT3
https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/default/files/car...

996 GT3 RS
https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/default/files/car...

Enjoy!

Few models are more coveted in the rarefied world of Porsche collecting than the track-destined RS models. Part of the allure is because arguably the most important of the batch, the 996, the first GT3 to have a designated RS model, didn’t come to America. Here’s how a group of collectors brought one over anyway.

https://jalopnik.com/these-heroes-imported-the-only-porsche-911-gt3-rs-never-1828791836