996 GT3 Purchase

1 hour ago, edgy said:

pasted-graphic.jpg

003 is more common... I don't know if this data has been validated, but I believe the GT3 resource obtained the stats from PCA. 

Interesting to note the colour shift between Gen 1 and Gen 2.  Far more blacks in Gen 2, Silver popular in both, Speed Yellow rocks on the Gen 1s.  Looks like I'll be more likely to find a Gen 1 when the time comes (if ever.....), but then I do like white.....

From memory - what I have seen published (bear in mind I am old) 90 delivered MK1 GT3,  70 CS and the balance Comfort. Think it was on GT3 resource.  I am not sure about that as I think I have seen more than 20 different comfort spec cars flipped over the past 8 years I have been watching the market.

More important is only 20% of global production is CS.

Seems quite a few comfort cars here were retrofitted.

Maybee we should try to keep score, surely more than half are known by people on this site

Oh there you go posted already, I would dispute the split

35 minutes ago, Jason A said:

From memory - what I have seen published (bear in mind I am old) 90 delivered MK1 GT3,  70 CS and the balance Comfort. Think it was on GT3 resource.  I am not sure about that as I think I have seen more than 20 different comfort spec cars flipped over the past 8 years I have been watching the market.

More important is only 20% of global production is CS.

Seems quite a few comfort cars here were retrofitted.

Maybee we should try to keep score, surely more than half are known by people on this site

Oh there you go posted already, I would dispute the split

I am with you Jason, I’ve been around them long enough to see what seems like more than 14 996.1 non CS. 

Stewart aka 1st on here posted some stats on his insta (rhdporsche is the handle) that were not consistent with what I’ve seen on GT3 resources 997 numbers, he said that his numbers were recently obtained from PCA.

They’re pretty consistent with the 996 data though... so I’m really not sure, could we be seeing import cars in the mix?

ive long thought about starting a registry 

Hi Hugh I think that the nations cup cars are included in there, they were all dealer delivered cars then converted.

My car was PCM delivered then driven over to Fitzgerald Racing and converted.

I have pictures of mine at Jim’s house on day 1 - factory stock with his persanolised registration plate on the car. So it’s one of the speed yellow CS cars. I did a vin search via PCB before I purchased. 

More info required..... tracked / km recorded / ownership history / service history / collaborating paperwork etc etc.

I mean, if the car had won the German championships in the hands of someone famous like Hans Stuck, it would be significant, no...….

Otherwise its the piece of string conundrum !!

24 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

More info required..... tracked / km recorded / ownership history / service history / collaborating paperwork etc etc.

I mean, if the car had won the German championships in the hands of someone famous like Hans Stuck, it would be significant, no...….

Otherwise its the piece of string conundrum !!

I am going to check it out and get some detailed info on history before responding in any detail.

Even if history and details prove to be incomplete it could still be a hell of a lotta fun 🙂 

On 21/02/2019 at 16:28, TwoHeadsTas said:

I am going to check it out and get some detailed info on history before responding in any detail.

Even if history and details prove to be incomplete it could still be a hell of a lotta fun 🙂 

Any update on this? if its not for you please pass on the details 

Sorry, inspected last Friday, very impressed.  Owner is having a couple of very minor bodywork things sorted and then car will be polished up.  Also inspection for logbook being arranged, and then will be registered.  If not done by time I'm ready for a drive we can use trade plates vendor has.  Will then get my mechanic to give it a run through and hopefully finalise the deal, but I need to put  my 996 C2 up for sale in the mean time.  

Best part, didn't get a "No" from management when topic was raised 🙂 

Will provide further details when I've done the deal 🙂 🙂 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sorry, inspected last Friday, very impressed.  Owner is having a couple of very minor bodywork things sorted and then car will be polished up.  Also inspection for logbook being arranged, and then will be registered.  If not done by time I'm ready for a drive we can use trade plates vendor has.  Will then get my mechanic to give it a run through and hopefully finalise the deal, but I need to put  my 996 C2 up for sale in the mean time.  

Best part, didn't get a "No" from management when topic was raised 🙂 

Will provide further details when I've done the deal 🙂 🙂 

But did you inform management  that the change over price is a  circa 1.7 multiplier over existing.