996 GT3 Purchase

17 hours ago, Jason A said:

In the global value context, that was not expensive and looked like a great car. Speed Yellow happens to be my favourite colour- it just seems to work on the MK1 shape.

Once upon a time, 964 RS was unloved and under valued. 

I suspect the same will be said for 996 GT3, particularly the CS

The car world is definitely waking up to love the 996. Air cooled stuff is great but the 996 especially with a Mezger out back is just awesome, last weekend I drove a 964 back to back with my 996T, the nicest was I can put this is, I have zero regrets. 

I love how one car sells for an above average price, then everyone starts looking at 996s, all it will take is few more to sell for a higher number and all of a sudden the 996 is cool. 

6 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

WOW _  this appears fairly priced $148,911 (for KMs and personalisation (seat trim)) , 2 owner full PCM service history 996 GT3. 

PS unusual for Aus Del to have rear bumper skirt extensions like seen on UK model.😦

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-16985109/?Cr=1

j10t03c49gf3ysbx8s44hi22d.jpg?pxc_method=crop&pxc_size=160%2c105

Quick look, appears to be a comfort spec.

My seacond favourite colour - silver or black - like them both the same, just suit the body shape. Not a fan of the spats either- I think it was an option.

Someone  needs to fix those seats WTF

On 08/03/2019 at 15:27, Fraz said:

The car world is definitely waking up to love the 996. Air cooled stuff is great but the 996 especially with a Mezger out back is just awesome, last weekend I drove a 964 back to back with my 996T, the nicest was I can put this is, I have zero regrets. 

I love how one car sells for an above average price, then everyone starts looking at 996s, all it will take is few more to sell for a higher number and all of a sudden the 996 is cool. 

Years ago I swore I would never own a 996 because I thought they were ugly... now I’m in love 

B01E3FB7-BB93-496D-A3B7-070EC15DA731.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 901er said:

Kermit is back..

What’s the deal here?  A GT3 but not a CS, but has some CS like upgrades, Pommy/Japan import?, Torana SLR 5000-ish body kit?  $100K more than a 6 GT3? What the? I’m confused.

13 minutes ago, Rick V said:

What’s the deal here?  A GT3 but not a CS, but has some CS like upgrades, Pommy/Japan import?, Torana SLR 5000-ish body kit?  $100K more than a 6 GT3? What the? I’m confused.

Verry unattractive.......

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

This is HDT Peter Brock car... instead of polariser box with crystals, it has polarising body kit, I think it’s from VC brock though, not SLR 5000 

17 minutes ago, edgy said:

This is HDT Peter Brock car... instead of polariser box with crystals, it has polarising body kit, I think it’s from VC brock though, not SLR 5000 

Ha!  Thanks for clarifying the body kit @edgy....I can certainly see it now.... definitely off the VC, not the Torana! 

Autohaus have just listed a black 996 GT3 MK1 Clubsport for $129,990 (seems well priced or cheap if all checks out OK) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-17072815/?Cr=1

Noticed on the build spec it has the code 722 = Internal production code (GT-car),1st time I have seen this code. 

p.s. delivered to Brisbane 2 days after my car (18th Feb 2000) _ only visible mods RS steering wheel and side decal.

e8fdae3486561531a6f153ef8c39a4af.jpg?pxc_method=crop&pxc_size=160%2c105

10 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

Autohaus have just listed a black 996 GT3 MK1 Clubsport for $129,990 (seems well priced or cheap if all checks out OK) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-17072815/?Cr=1

Noticed on the build spec it has the code 722 = Internal production code (GT-car),1st time I have seen this code. 

p.s. delivered to Brisbane 2 days after my car (18th Feb 2000) _ only visible mods RS steering wheel and side decal.

e8fdae3486561531a6f153ef8c39a4af.jpg?pxc_method=crop&pxc_size=160%2c105

Looks like the former Warwick Morris car, it was listed late last year privately. 

15 minutes ago, edgy said:

Looks like the former Warwick Morris car, it was listed late last year privately. 

edgy you are spot on: Vin WP0ZZZ99ZYS691028 sold privately in NSW Dec 2018. 

23 minutes ago, hugh said:

Looks very similar to one out of WA many years ago. 

Hi Hugh, do you have  code 722 = Internal production code (GT-car) on your build sheet?

14 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

edgy you are spot on: Vin WP0ZZZ99ZYS691028 sold privately in NSW Dec 2018. 

Hi Hugh, do you have  code 722 = Internal production code (GT-car) on your build sheet?

I am on the spectrum when it comes to cars... well probably in general. 

This was a nations cup car at first point of its life from memory, could 722 reference this? 

Interesting, that car is 300 away from the LHD one I'm working on.  Many common codes, but mine doesn't have 722, so presume that is only for Cup cars?  It is a CS though.  Interior largely stripped, but have a friend with a donor car for that - he has a race prep GT3 CS but got a lot of the bits when he bought the car, and is looking to offload them.  Will help me change back to a car with a few more road car friendly (read wife friendly 🙂 ) features.....

2 hours ago, Jason A said:

I have 722 on the under bonnet sticker on my car.

i did notice the car above has air bags in the doors, these are std on comfort spec sars and should be an option in Clubsport

If edgy is right with the owner? check out the following video and door cards (may have been changed back for sale?) This GT3 has the same dash pull battery cutoff also.