996 GT3 Purchase

No not me this time, I think I have hogged enough.

Next P car purchase will need to be something other than a 996

Thinking 991 GT3 or GT4, something a bit more comfortable for my old age - lol

5 minutes ago, symsy said:

Get the beers out I’m ready to come name it and pour real froth over it rather than virtual 

I love a good physical handshake off any man who had new car keys on his pocket 😀

I like the scent of the kill and the ticking noise and smell of fresh oils being tested ...by a new owner 

The virtual world and social media fornication does nothing for me  . Realty rules , Keys in ignition , straps ratcheting on trailer .. I gotta stop now it’s getting kinky 

@symsy I agree , not on Instagram, Facebook etc - not really my thing.

Have been pretty active with PCQ for many years.

But I do enjoy the banter on here 👀

26 minutes ago, Jason A said:

No not me this time, I think I have hogged enough.

Next P car purchase will need to be something other than a 996

Thinking 991 GT3 or GT4, something a bit more comfortable for my old age - lol

@symsy I agree , not on Instagram, Facebook etc - not really my thing.

Have been pretty active with PCQ for many years.

But I do enjoy the banter on here 👀

Aha not so far away , I demand coffee , beer and real social gathering invite 😂 I hear ya on comfort ..I bought a 997 !!

PFA real world banter session should be organised , little formality , lots to of bullshit and maybe a few cars to look at , no winery , no polos , preferably food eaten with hands..

We need a suggestion and u can bring a 996 🤣 About time PFA QLD did something , I know PCQ do a lot but no PFA get together 

Even Sydney poseurs get to a restaurant once a year .. 

Happy to try co organise 

10 minutes ago, James P said:

Not me but someone here did buy it & I won’t be telling.. i may have had the ever so slightest involvement.. 

Thats 3 P cars in 3 weeks 🤭 I’d better stay of line..

That’s why I have a picture of u in my racing  lanyard James .. reliable corruptor and influencer of cars with livery On them 

4 hours ago, James P said:

Not me but someone here did buy it & I won’t be telling.. i may have had the ever so slightest involvement.. 

Thats 3 P cars in 3 weeks 🤭 I’d better stay off line..

True @James P I’m one of those, and thanks

that GT3 was a beautiful car wish I was more cashed up.

33 minutes ago, Jason A said:

It was a great night, just finished too soon.

Hill of Grace is a nice drop

Really nice group of passionate car guys - my kinda crew

You should have told me you wanted to kick on... the Uber ride would’ve ended at my house 😂😂😂 

5 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I've done the same looking up here on the Sunshine Coast, nothing available - but as its a March edition (I think) it was possibly on the newsagent shelves in February and probably sold out by now, worse luck....

From the couple newsagents I sometimes pick a copy of this or GT Porsche up from, it's always the opposite... They must come on the slow boat from England...so if that's the March edition, doesn't surprise me you wouldn't find it until May or later... I bought issue 175 just a few weeks ago, and I'm yet to see 176 on the shelf anywhere. This one shown above is 177... But obviously there's a better way - what's the hot tip on where to find them locally so speedily @Windsor289🙂

So I have one on order at a Nextra News agent. They are realised in two lots - air freighted (already here and apparently sell at higher price) then sea freight.

They have ordered sea freight option as I could not find one. $9.98 - for later release sea freight-bargain

52 minutes ago, Jason A said:

So I have one on order at a Nextra News agent. They are realised in two lots - air freighted (already here and apparently sell at higher price) then sea freight.

They have ordered sea freight option as I could not find one. $9.98 - for later release sea freight-bargain

Thanks Jason, that's really good info.  I'll pass that on to my local guy....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, edgy said:

Looks familiar, and it’s Atlas grey NOT Agate... I don’t know how they got that wrong. 

And ‘leather clubsport seats’!? In other words standard GT3 leather sports seats. NOT clubsport nomex seats. A classy joint like that should get their facts sorted. And put a price on it.