996 GT3 Purchase

3 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I measure 250mm from the ground to the bottom of the door. My car's ride height is set & the max for GT3 road use, so I imagine that a Cup Car will be substantially lower by at least 50mm....  

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks Stephen.  Not a Cup car, but I expect the ride height may be similar though

@TwoHeadsTas just checked my Nations Cup Car height is 245mm from bottom of door to ground. Car is quite low.

I suggest you make the sides of trailer as low as you can.

Mine opens on my trailer with 15mm clearance.

You can gain s bit extra by parking you car on thick rubber mats and put 40psi in your tires.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 901er said:

I thought from the last time it was listed that it said it can’t be registered in Oz?

4 hours ago, 901er said:

I remember back in the day dreaming of doing a full Car Graphic conversion to a GT3. It was a huge project and remained a dream on an excel spreadsheet. Really wonder what the story is behind this beast. If non road registrable why on earth was it ever built and why is it here. Would be very interesting to know. 

I’m sure this is the one that came from Singapore at the end of its ten year COE. If it’s the same car I spent a couple of hours going over it & it’s a horror show !!! I don’t know why tuners think they can do a better job than Porsche....give me a well used standard GT3 any day of the week, I don’t care how much the “upgrades” cost...ha ha...

Interesting that the seller doesn't appear anxious to provide photos front on or of the interior.  Again, what is being hidden......

2 hours ago, spiller said:

That green one is a parts car at best in my eyes, and not many parts to be salvaged by the looks of it.

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Interesting that the seller doesn't appear anxious to provide photos front on or of the interior.  Again, what is being hidden......

I'm guessing we should probably be thanking him for sparing us the horror!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of Pommy love for the 996 GT3: I obviously liked the 1st comment: 

"Mk1 production numbers: 1836 Mk2/RS: 3711 Mk1 engine: M96.72 (959, 962, 964, 993 and GT1 parts) Mk2: M96.79 (evolution without parts of 959, 962, 964, 993, GT1) Also special about Mk1, in contrast to the Mk2, is that this is the last street of a 911 that was completely hand-built at Porsche Motorsport in Weissach.

2 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

Bit of Pommy love for the 996 GT3: 

Ok, so I’m slightly (read totally) biased, but check out the asking prices of various 964 & 993’s on CS....... the 996GT3 is an absolute  comparative bargain!!   Get on board people.... (despite falling property prices) the value train is leaving soon!!! 

17 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Ok, so I’m slightly (read totally) biased, but check out the asking prices of various 964 & 993’s on CS....... the 996GT3 is an absolute  comparative bargain!!   Get on board people.... (despite falling property prices) the value train is leaving soon!!! 

I agree Rick . So much bang for buck in those cars 

On 28/06/2019 at 00:46, Rick V said:

Totally agree! Even my 993TT wasn’t as fun as my 996GT3..

18 minutes ago, 901er said:

Love that colour! This is just down the freeway from me 40 odd minutes if anyone wants it looked at

9 minutes ago, edgy said:

Love that colour! This is just down the freeway from me 40 odd minutes if anyone wants it looked at

Need two sets of eye to be safe, I'll come with you. Now come on people, someone must want it looked at?! 😁

39 minutes ago, JWM said:

Need two sets of eye to be safe, I'll come with you. Now come on people, someone must want it looked at?! 😁

49 minutes ago, edgy said:

Group road trip anyone?? 😀