WTB 911 SC or 911 3.2

rminc

I'd be off to look at this one:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-5202554/?Cr=6

It might be in WA however transport isn't that much and it looks tidy to me. Being a late G series you get the larger vents, different gearbox and all the other upgrades they made along the way.

On 24/02/2018 at 2:00 PM, D2000 said:

Ok. What about this one. Love the colour combo https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1978/OAG-AD-15532473

I had a deposit on this one over a month ago .... PPI threw up some issues. I walked away.

They’ve fixed many of the items. I have had a think .... and have put another deposit on it. So seeing it Tuesday. Will hopefully to seal the deal.

Thanks to @LeeM for taking it for a spin and running his eyes over it for me yesterday too!! 

Will let you know!! 

5 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

I had a deposit on this one over a month ago .... PPI threw up some issues. I walked away.

They’ve fixed many of the items. I have had a think .... and have put another deposit on it. So seeing it Tuesday. Will hopefully to seal the deal.

Thanks to @LeeM for taking it for a spin and running his eyes over it for me yesterday too!! 

Will let you know!! 

Nice one!

Looks a really nice car and decent price too. 

47 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Will let you know!! 

Too easy mate. Will send my invoice tomorrow. Hopefully they removed the rubber build up under the rear arches, as it smoked up real nice in 3rd! ?

Fingers crossed it ticks your boxes as it did mine

1 hour ago, Bluegus73 said:

Not completely done. Holding deposit subject to my inspection. Fingers crossed!!

If there’s a “George” from Chadstone on the forum. Dude. Chill out. Holding deposit is paid. I have secured first refusal. Thankfully Richmond’s also have some morals about how they sell. ???

3 hours ago, ANF said:

Good luck, very nice looking car!

After driving it on Saturday, it is a very nice car in my opinion. I also got a good vibe from David @ Richmond's when I first went there to window lick some cars a few months ago (looked at an old 911 for a friend). Nice guy, no pressure sales B.S and knows his classic cars. Met Carlo on Saturday, and he's also a nice bloke and well versed with classic cars. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone 

• 2 years later...

Hi, guys reviving this thread again. Have started actively looking again. 

Ideally after an 87-88 or 3.2 911 Coupe, which must be Aussie delivered. 

Will consider earlier 3.2s and SC's also, but would need to be Aussie delivered coupes also. 

If you know of anyone selling, or are considering selling let me know. I'm in no rush. Happy to wait for the right car. 

7 hours ago, rminc said:

Hi, guys reviving this thread again. Have started actively looking again. 

Ideally after an 87-88 or 3.2 911 Coupe, which must be Aussie delivered. 

Will consider earlier 3.2s and SC's also, but would need to be Aussie delivered coupes also. 

If you know of anyone selling, or are considering selling let me know. I'm in no rush. Happy to wait for the right car. 

What’s your budget or expected price in mind for a 3 litre SC? Just interested having seen @Dreamrsell last week very quickly....

3 hours ago, rminc said:

100k would be the top for an SC. That's just me though. Others might pay more/less

Looking at Carsales atm whilst there is little in the way of AU coupes you should get some change from $100

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Looking at Carsales atm whilst there is little in the way of AU coupes you should get some change from $100

I offered mine to the OP but it wasn't what he was looking for .. no issue there .. I'm kinda glad it wasn't for him as I ended up getting more than I offered it to him for .. 😅

I don't think the $$$ is the issue at the moment ... the issue is the absolute lack of stock. Plenty of imports, converts, bitzers,  etc .. complete lack of Aussie stock .. (kinda why I listed mine when I did .. it's a sellers market) ...

7 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I offered mine to the OP but it wasn't what he was looking for .. no issue there .. I'm kinda glad it wasn't for him as I ended up getting more than I offered it to him for .. 😅

I don't think the $$$ is the issue at the moment ... the issue is the absolute lack of stock. Plenty of imports, converts, bitzers,  etc .. complete lack of Aussie stock .. (kinda why I listed mine when I did .. it's a sellers market) ...

Totally agree Ronnie, which has me thinking of listing mine now that it’s absolutely sorted

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Yep... I’ll be selling my ‘wide body’ 74 conti orange targa soon 

On 20/02/2015 at 16:32, rminc said:

As topic states I am after a 911 SC or the later model 911 3.2

-Car must be a coupe

-Must be Aus delivered with matching numbers

-Very original

Will go upto $55,000 for the right car.

Send me a message if you have anything that may be of interest.

Gotta say I'm impressed with your self-control rminc, been looking for over 5 years!  Do you do everything at glacial speed?😀

2 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Gotta say I'm impressed with your patience rminc!

Been looking for over 5 years!  Do you do everything at glacial speed?😀

Haha, to be honest I'm glad that I haven't purchased one yet. Financially speaking I'd have been worse off. I purchased an NSX instead a few years ago which I recently sold for a decent profit. The 911s I'm looking at haven't really moved in that time. 

I'd love to buy one, which is why I'm looking. My hearts saying yes, but with the economy, my heads saying hold off. I think prices will either remain the same or drop, I don't really see any upside in rushing. If anything time should be on my side, but who knows. 

Nobody has a crystal ball. Might as well buy sooner and enjoy for longer. Markets go up and down, I highly doubt members on here have all of their money in cars. Small losses here will be offset by a gain elsewhere, net result is your still doing ok. 

Let’s say you pay an extra 5-10% today on a 100k purchase that you intend to use and enjoy over the next 5-10 years. If it’s the “right” car it’s no big deal. 

Money comes and goes, good opportunities are somewhat less frequent. If you look at everything purely on an economic or “investment” driven basis your missing the point.

Just buy the damn thing, enjoy it, use it and make some good memories in it. Priceless. 

32 minutes ago, hugh said:

Just buy the damn thing, enjoy it, use it and make some good memories in it. Priceless. 

^^^^ This. I bought mine just over 3 years ago probably at the peak. The enjoyment it has given me in that time far outweighs the potential loss of a few dollars!

9 minutes ago, 550Spyder said:

I haven’t looked at 3.2s for ages, can you really find tidy Australian 3.2s for sub $55k? 

not looking to start a slamfest on what they are vs what they should be worth.

I’d highly doubt it. Whilst the market may have flattened it’s not gone that far backwards. I’d expect the baseline for a “good” 3.2 to be circa 80k. Anything below that would be a big win.