HELP! Child Seat Anchors 07 911 C2S 997

prices05

Help urgently needed please.

Bought my first Australian Porsche since I returned from Dubai where I had a 997 Carrera 4S. Brought the 2007 911 Carrera S (997) home today and first job is to get the child seats installed in the back. There is a supplement to the manuals that discards all the ISOFIX instructions and points to the anchor tethers on the back parcel shelf. There are two cut outs on the shelf that dont seem to have anything in them. And agonisingly on my first night with the car when I pulled one of them back open to have a look inside, it doesnt want to return to its original position.

The supplement seems to point to two round flaps that reveal the anchor points but for the life of me I cant see anything. Have searched the forum for something similar and no similar questions.

And I need to transport the kids this weekend so am in a panic now. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the forum btw - have been watching it and waiting for the purchase before joining.

• 2 months later...

Hey any luck with this one, I am picking up my 997 tomorrow and also need to fit the baby seat, did you finally locate the fixing points. I would really love to know if you managed to work it out!? Thanks mate :)

The Safe and Sound convertible "maxi rider" baby/booster seat fits perfectly, looks perfect in black with the black interior of the car. The guys at royal north shore hospital in Sydney called Pearsons baby seats did an amazing job of the install for $46 - worth every cent as you have to cut the rear carpet (along the pre marked lines) to expose the anchor point to secure the seat. The way they did it you will not know when the seat is removed. Good news is a baby or child seat fits perfectly in a 911 (997) for anybody who wants to know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi Guys,

I know this a very old post but I have just purchased an MY08 997 Cabriolet and all the information I've found say ISOFIX is not provided in any Porsches released in AUS.  I've also called my local Porsche dealer in Brisbane and they've said they have no ISOFIX solution they can provide, leading me to think I can't put a baby seat in the car at all.

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/en/E_997_KATALOG.pdf

Does anyone have any further info on this?

Thanks

On 7/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, Ryan said:

Hi Guys,

I know this a very old post but I have just purchased an MY08 997 Cabriolet and all the information I've found say ISOFIX is not provided in any Porsches released in AUS.  I've also called my local Porsche dealer in Brisbane and they've said they have no ISOFIX solution they can provide, leading me to think I can't put a baby seat in the car at all.

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/en/E_997_KATALOG.pdf

Does anyone have any further info on this?

Thanks

Try contacting some local child seat retailers, no doubt they will have details of qualified installers. 

To my knowledge, no modern car would have been able to be complianced in Aus if the rear seats weren't capable of fixing child seats.

You don't need ISOFIX to fit child car seats. 

You may need to expose the anchor points behind your rear seats to correctly install child seats. (You may need to point this out to an installer that they are under the carpet.)

(Porsche sell ISOFIX seats in other countries, but they haven't been approved for use here) Completely irrelevant for 997.

Such a boring topic, but I feel your pain. You'll have the interior destroyers in the rear v soon.

Have you got any photos mate, I had to pull the carpet out and the restraint was under the carpet. I cut a flap then placed the carpet back down. Mine is a 996, but I imagine it would be fairly similar? 

You may be able to feel a spot on the carpet that feels hollow underneath (centred behind the seat on the edge of the 'parcel shelf') - this is where I had to cut.

Your car would definitely have them, it's required for aussie compliance as started above

Thanks guys, I know a boring topic but I'm keen for the little one's to enjoy the car too :)

Here are a couple of pics with the cushions removed and the top part of the seat folded down, there is a plastic bezel I removed that has attachments behind it, is that what you're referring too?

Cheers

rear2.jpg

rear1.jpg

Hey mate, text me your number on 0488 150 002 and i'll text you the photos of mine. It's a pain to upload photos on here.

You push on the carpet and find the soft spot, then you need to cut the carpet. I lifted the carpet to double check it was there before actually making the cut. 

Cheers

24312490_523165247669_261100965543516900

On 7/27/2018 at 4:38 PM, reddahaydn said:

Hey mate, text me your number on 0488 150 002 and i'll text you the photos of mine. It's a pain to upload photos on here.

You push on the carpet and find the soft spot, then you need to cut the carpet. I lifted the carpet to double check it was there before actually making the cut. 

Cheers

24312490_523165247669_261100965543516900

Perfect thankyou...

5 hours ago, reddahaydn said:

Ahhh James, I should showed you my car seat yesterday at Sandown!!! I completely forgot!!!

All good..  it was a mess of a day.. 

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, sharing my experience. I just bought a 997 Carrera S Cab and needed seats for a 2 & 1/2 and 4 & 1/2 children.

• For the 2  & 1/2 yer old - Britax Safe n sound Compaq, was the smallest (and lightest) seat they have, and with proper adjustment, just fitted with the roof closed. Cost $89 (shepa cos its a booster seat) This seat lasts up to 4 year olds.
  • For the 4 & 1/2 year old - Britax Safe n Sound Tourer which is a booster seat, and fits even better with more space than the above one. Cost $299 This seat lasts up to when they dont need a child seat anymore.

Fitting for both, $35 total.

Wont share photos but trust me they fit all good :)

Top shout out to Porsche Sydney South for being SO helpful on the Phoenix and even finding and pointing me to this forum thread!
Top shout to BabyThings in East village centre, Zetland, Sydney for finding and fitting the 2 seats.

Bonus info: Porsche confirmed the official Porsche 991 child seats are not Australian approved, so cannot be bought or used here.

Don't have kids but i like this thread.  I recall being in Melbourne one time, on the motorway heading South and West on my way out to Torquay and in traffic was a yummy mummy with kids in the back of a 997.  Thought it was cool.  Dip of the hat to those keeping on driving something interesting rather than submitting to the soccer mum tank! :D

• 4 months later...

Hi all, am considering a 992 cabriolet but will only do so if I can fit a child seat in the back for my 4 year old. The car has isofix but as I understand it a top tether anchor point is also required. The dealer is not sure if there is one. Reading the earlier posts it seems that there is one or is it a retrofit job? Can you guys please confirm? More photos would be great too!

Thanks in advance.