Crowd Sourcing a PFA video... EOI

Kerry

Hey All,

Since seeing the "R GRUPPE Treffen" video on Vimeo, it has shouted to me that we should do something similar.

A series of video clips and interviews with our members and their cars, doing that which comes naturally... whether under them, driving them, or just rabbiting on about them - our passion for our cars and the lifestyle that they afford us surely needs to find a public voice that can all share.

I've been waiting for the phone to ring from the groovy production house offering to take over this whole time consuming process for me, however it just hasn't happened! Consequently I'm thinking that we should source/create our own material over a longish period (2015) - allowing for budding filmmakers to plan and execute some footage for themselves - and then early in 2016 I'll/we'll set about collating and editing the material into our own short film.

At this point I'm looking to get a sense of whether anyone, or hopefully, how many members might want to be involved? (Simon/Bruce/Nathan/Greg etc?)

We have members with GoPros and drones, we have budding Jeremy Clarkson types, we have promising automotive photographers/videographers... surely between us we could all contribute and create something worthy?!

So, hands up!

Who has thus far unused skills and talents (by the PFA) that might be interested in participating in the organising and/or shooting of some footage to share via a common PFA video?!

I know it might be going against every shred of PFA DNA, but this also might warrant some sort of .... errrr.... production committee to strategise and coordinate?! :blink::o

Kerry

Offers of participation:

NSW/ACT:

SteveF

Tit

Carrera28

BJM

BBChris

QLD:

Russ

Nathan (FlatSix)

twood

Coastr

SimonR

VIC:

Kerry

Ian (Bafe)

Pauly

hugh

Mike737

Barks

cyberpunky

Smule

TrevMcRev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Harvs...  <_<  :rolleyes:

No, the SMT ban on shooting video is still in place, BUT, if there was a designated member form the PFA VIDEO DEPT on hand... possibly this could offer us the opportunity to get some footage of these types of events where we could get the formal consents of our members to use some footage of their cars whilst in motion.

In case the penny hasn't dropped... this is an opportunity for those of us who ARE happy to have their cars videoed, to do so under the umbrella of the forum (as apposed to clandestine operations).

Thanks everyone for your offers to help, I'll make a list of willing members corresponding to your individual locations, and then we might look to have a group/state leader who can coordinate separate video opportunities...

Really hope that we have some members on here that are willing and able to take this up - has the potential to be a great project.

I'm going to get my 'dreads' on and start writing dialogue on my "streetable race car with signature touches............"  :D

So, I head out the door for my constitutional "repair the spine" walk this morning and start thinking about the best format with which to gather the footage (and I'm talking here about content, not file format), and that it would be a great opportunity to see all ends of the Pcar ownership spectrum, from someone's super rare trackday beast, through to our social events like karting...

IMG_4372_zpsbcbaa1fc.jpg

...and from beside I hear something of interest - low and behold a 550 drives past me and parks.

IMG_43922_zpsbf74777f.jpg

Comrades, it must be synchronicity!

(Apologies to the bemused, if not slightly suspicious owner who I tried to share this with!)

In for sure. Had to mothball my plans for now but have got all the gear good to go. 2 go pros, an action cam, HD video camera, still/video SLT camera with a few lenses and minidisc for very HQ sound, plus tripod/monopod's, various go pro mounts, editing software/computer.

Oh and a drone with full FPV set up that I can't fly yet lol

I'd kick in with a limited skill set beyond a video and go pro.  I have a buddy with drones of every shape and size imaginable, I could talk him into doing something if it involved Porsches.

I've tried to do some video production before and I sucked at it.  Badly.  But I can drive a car and charge batteries.

The key to getting something like this right is high quality footage - and only high quality footage - and, most importantly, high quality audio.  That's what makes all the difference with a project like this.

Archived