Crowd Sourcing a PFA video... EOI

Kerry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the drones I was looking at had this type of technology. You could program it to circle around you, fly in front, behind or beside, all while keeping you in the centre of frame. All you needed was an android device for it to connect to. I'm an Apple person so no good... I thought it would be great for filming the car while driving but then figured it would most likely fly itself into a tree or pole or something.

This Soloshot would be great for the side of the road shots!

• 3 months later...

Clutchmonkey along with a couple of other mates have tried something like this. With the explosion of high quality video "docos" of cars from petrolicious and similar, we wanted to do the same for the Australian Scene. Heres one of Sams 240Z.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XaYKnAHvhaamlmN084TUJUemM/view?usp=docslist_api

I think most people know I have DSLR equipment, lacking go pros, but I do have a manfrotto car rig, and a couple of mics for this purpose.

Im very keen to do something, just takes a bit of prep and commitment.

really good for a proof of concept.. but oh lawd i am awkward on camera

talking on camera is a lot harder than it looks. I thought you did pretty well. Love the car too. Very cool.

Clutchmonkey along with a couple of other mates have tried something like this. With the explosion of high quality video "docos" of cars from petrolicious and similar, we wanted to do the same for the Australian Scene. Heres one of Sams 240Z.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XaYKnAHvhaamlmN084TUJUemM/view?usp=docslist_api

I think most people know I have DSLR equipment, lacking go pros, but I do have a manfrotto car rig, and a couple of mics for this purpose.

Im very keen to do something, just takes a bit of prep and commitment.

Goodwork! 

I bet there was some hours in setting that up, filming and editing.

@Coastr, funny enough, we were able to complete everything in one afternoon (of filming). However we did a lot of pre-testing with microphone placement and camera positioning. We were using my VW Up! as the camera car with the suction rig attached to the rear glass hatch (Im sure theres a photo floating around, this can easily be improved by having something with a softer ride haha

Editing was done by a friend, who unfortunately has made a successful business shooting videos, so hes no longer available :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived