Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 1 - THE BEST GREEN HELL SO FAR!

Kerry

Friends,

If all you want to do is drive a 911 around the greatest racetrack in the world (The Green Hell), and test your H pattern/heel and toeing techniques, not to mention forge new depths of self condemning verbal expletives, then this is for you!

There are now far fewer reasons to blame dodgy virtual driving skills on the UI, or the pimply faced geeks writing the code! The physics of the track are par excellence, far above any other versions I've driven, and the car (Yellowbird - bog standard) handles beautifully (if somewhat cantankerously) most of the time! The graphics have taken a significant lift as well with apparently all of the "signpost/graffiti/ads" that real drivers use to navigate their apexs and braking points etc, now visible.

In a nutshell - the upgrade pack @ around $20AUD is worth every cent! (Assetto Corsa at around $60?)

No-one ever said it was going to be easy to get that car around that track, but someone has to try, many times, and simply put...

ITS. ACE.

Im downloading right now, cant wait. I just wish they would fix the UI for the Oculus, iRacing has it pretty much perfect, Assetto is a mess.

that sounds like a horrible predicament to be in! my condolences

Well I'm having a few issues, the update has changed up the post proccessing code causing massive over exposure in the Oculus. I'm tweaking settings to get it right but 5 corners into the Green Hell and my shifter imploded. Waiting for a new fanatec cs shifter to arrive in the mail.

Well I'm having a few issues, the update has changed up the post proccessing code causing massive over exposure in the Oculus. I'm tweaking settings to get it right but 5 corners into the Green Hell and my shifter imploded. Waiting for a new fanatec cs shifter to arrive in the mail.

Jeez Louise! I'm pretty hard on my shifter as well, but I am getting better than 5 corners in! LOL!

Jeez Louise! I'm pretty hard on my shifter as well, but I am getting better than 5 corners in! LOL!

Haha it's not that bad, it's been getting abused for 2 years now. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

• 6 months later...

Not sure how to do that. 

Ok, so here is the deal. RUF CTR default setup (30L fuel), semi slicks, all driver aids turned off, cockpit view. Tourist version with BTG timing. Did a few laps last night, but I failed to get a clean one in. Mate did and managed 7.55. Will keep trying. 

Onya Cal, good call!

will try and get some seat time over the weekend and publish a time... But as you say, trying to get a clean lap isn't easy... Still, probs easier than going up in a fireball coming out of the foxhole at over 200 clicks! Third world problems eh?! ??

H pattern manual gears and clutch?

Archived