What is it with PA and COA's?

I only noticed this thread last night.....must have missed it first time around.

So, I PM'd Harry last night. He responded with email address this morning and when I provided VIN and Engine number he came back with all the original information on my car eg. build date, colour code, where delivered and the options fitted ........turning it around in one day!!

I'm really impressed. thanks Harry.

It is not a formal Ownership Certificate but a letter from PCA confirming the details and that will do me just fine. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys, with regards to Certificates, I have been quite busy along with the others here. My sincere apologies for the delay, I hope I have not upset any of you as I do share your passion about Porsche and love to help where I can. It is one of those things that I cant simply handball to anyone as the information on the certificates is critical. I have devoted some time in the coming weeks to get some out but in the meantime if you need to know options etc for your cars I can give you that info.

Thanks for your understanding.

regards Harry

Hi Harry, thanks for my GT3s vehicle details.

Regards, Richard

So, I PM'd Harry last night. He responded with email address this morning and when I provided VIN and Engine number he came back with all the original information on my car eg. build date, colour code, where delivered and the options fitted ........turning it around in one day!!

I'm really impressed. thanks Harry.

It is not a formal Ownership Certificate but a letter from PCA confirming the details and that will do me just fine. 

Same here, thanks Harry, greatly appreciated!

So I'm a little confused!

A number of us took the orderly approach that was selflessly coordinated by a kind PFA'er and submitted a group request for OC's but it seems better just email directly now and try your luck?

So I'm a little confused!

A number of us took the orderly approach that was selflessly coordinated by a kind PFA'er and submitted a group request for OC's but it seems better just email directly now and try your luck?

Peter the difference seems to be if you want a formal Ownership Certificate expect to wait a while. If you are happy with a letter from PCA detailing the original specs etc try contacting Harry via PM and give him your VIN and engine number. 

I was only suggesting I was happy enough with the letter and with the immediate response from Harry....and it seems a few others are happy with this as well. 

Just noticed this thread.......

I was in contact with Harry earlier this week, sent him an email and he responded with confirmation within the hour - great service and very much appreciated. 

Thanks Harry! 

The coa which I was trying to obtain are the fancy ones on porsche letterhead signed by their CEO.

I also obtained a mainframe screen dump of my car, with dates arrived in Aus etc......but a nice certificate looks better.

I will.chase up my man in the dark jacket and see how it's going.

• 3 months later...

I called the Porsche Centre in Melb last week to check on the original delivery details of my 356. In speaking to Harry A., there (who had the actual Kardex on his screen) I was fortunately able to confirm its dates of manufacture and first sale by Hamiltons, after I gave the numbers and dates I had already.  All good then and Harry was most helpful   Now, I was also told that they no longer issue CoA's for Australian delivered cars as there are so many contested cases these days that they get dragged into.  Does this mean that, unlike the USA, we still cannot even get CoA's (let alone Kardex) in Australia?

Seems like there are no known alternatives?

No. My car is Australian delivered. Just have a sympathetic 930 contact in the US. Porsche US have stands at big car shows where you just walk up. Give your details, and the COA is posted out to you. Recently in a German Magazine there was an ad selling factory cardex's. Porsche Australia is just plain old not interested. I bet if I walked into a Porsche dealer and said. "I'll take that GT3 over there providing you supply me a COA for my 76 930" I would have the COA the next day via express post.

Archived