Sign in to follow this  
mqc993

can I remove a post?

I posted in general marketplace and discussions. After hitting the post button twice as I wasnt sure if I hit it the first time, my post is now up twice? What an id@#t. Can one be removed? Sorry about that.

I posted in general marketplace and discussions. After hitting the post button twice as I wasnt sure if I hit it the first time, my post is now up twice? What an id@#t. Can one be removed? Sorry about that.

Job for the mod squad  B)

Job for the mod squad  B)

Used the special MOD powers!!!!!!!! All done.

Is there really a place called "CRUDWELL"???

Yes . My mother's family moved there in 1950 ; it's near the old market town of Malmesbury,  where in the 12th century Elmer the monk wearing a pair of home made wings jumped off the abbey and "flew" about 200m. Badly breaking his leg , but subsequently living to a ripe old age.

When I rang the phone of the family home , the reply was always the same (in very proper English tones) - "Crudwell 200".

Not too far from Crudwell are Upper Slaughter & Lower Slaughter.

I seem to be able to derail most threads.

Despite the names, Upper and Lower Slaughter are very pretty areas.Lovely countryside.