The Wine Thread

I feel compelled to share this with you good folk!

Penfolds Bin 28 2009 vintage $34.90 ea (per carton of 6) until end of this week, absolute gem at that price!

Absolutely delicious! I just filled the vintec up. :)

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_717539.jsp;jsessionid=3E2192D1482A0915E91BA4DC7EE0D793.ncdlmorasp1303?bmUID=kT0cneO&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=20150611_ThursWeeklyEDM&mid=Offer_Thursday_20150611_ThursWeekly&rid=4497125

Last night's Cook up/ Drink home made Margaretta Pizza with local mozzarella (water Buffalo) Home grown Tomys and basil+ base washed down with a new find,Its a Limlited release from Coonawarra, Lot No 1 "The Gavel" 2012 The Blurb,

This is a classic example of Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvigion which gives generous ripe berry,plum and blackcurrent flavours that are complemented by suble fragrant spice and cedary oak.This elegant full-bodied wine has good depth of flavour and a long, finely textured finish. Translation (Excellant)                            

Just picked up two cases yesterday....

leave 'em lay about for a while me thinks....

Kalimna is probably one of the best value for money Shiraz available.  Has been for a lot of years.  I do work for some wineries in the Barossa, including Penfolds.  They've told me that even year vintages since 1996 are the go, and especially from 2004 to 2012.  For mine, the 2008 Kalimna is the pick, still available from cellar door back vintages or specialty wine shops I think.  I have a 1986 in storage.  Will open it next year.

All the Penfolds BIN range wines are exceptional IMO.

I'm still going on a Hardy's Tintara 2012 Shiraz.

Friday night's cook up /Drink : Tucker corned beef ,mashed spud ,pickled red cabbage, English mustard ,Plonk: A new find, St Mary's

2012 Cabernet Franc the blurb : This wine was made from grapes grown at St Mary's vineyard 15K's from Penola S Aus which was settled by the Mulligan family in 1937 . Open vat ferments hand plunging and basket press were used to make this Wine, Which was then aged in in French Oak before being bottled at the vineyard for sale . Translation bit like the 964 hand made :-)

I need to check that out ^^ I'm a cab Franc tragic

Finished the cab Franc off last night, For a first timer I really enjoyed it , but I think a nice Lamb Leg would have improved the wine on the pallet ^_^   

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the local Pub For Dinner on friday, Had a lamb Rack in a red wine Jus with,snow peas,beans and chat potatoes,washed down with a off the rack red at the pub, A Coonawarra Cab Sav  called The Blok a small independant Winery Just out side Penola,Anyways very enjoyable evening acording to the Wife ( I seem to have a bit of memory Blok)   :blink: :D