FS : Engine bay sound deadener tidy up strip for 964 and 993

Does your 964 or 993 engine bay look like this ?

Is the sound deadener starting to fall away form the fasteners ?

Do you want to increase the life span of your sound deadener prior to dropping the engine to replace ?

If so, then this product is for you !

Here is a photo taken by Mr T in Melbourne showing the sagging edges of the sound proofing pad.  Note what a gorgeous engine bay this car has.

IMAG1044_zpsdewlrmn2.jpg

And this photo taken after just a few minutes of exercise shows the amazing change

IMAG1046_zpsw80zzio0.jpg

So, if you are interested in giving your sound deadening pad a little "nip'n'tuck" during its "mid life crisis", then PM me now.

I have 2 x 993 strips left, and only 1 x 964 strip.   Once they are gone, they are gone.  This offer may never be repeated.

Cost

PFA financial members is just $99 delivered with a free Fredo Frog (sorry JJ, two can play at that game).  
Non PFA Members are just $119.  
Anyone who works for Duttons or CTS can pay $250.

Get in quick before they go on eBay !

Those photographs are copyright against use for financial gain.

I expect payment the next time I see you Chris. A Freddo should do the trick!

Seriously though, these pieces have been quite well made. Only fairly thin alloy, however nicely painted, all the holes are in the right place and they've rolled a curve into it to work with the shape of the engine bay.

I was surprised how easy they fitted and what a difference they made.

Re the Freddo, go check your bed for a Freddo head.

And the photos, a man who goes by the name of Cal from north of the border once told me "it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask permission " :)

Do you want to increase the life span of your sound deadener prior to dropping the engine to replace ?

PM sent

Here is a photo taken by Mr T in Melbourne showing the sagging edges of the sound proofing pad.  Note what a gorgeous engine bay this car has.

IMAG1044_zpsdewlrmn2.jpg

And this photo taken after just a few minutes of exercise shows the amazing changeIMAG1046_zpsw80zzio0.jpg

So, if you are interested in giving your sound deadening pad a little "nip'n'tuck" during its "mid life crisis", then PM me now.

I have 2 x 993 strips left, and only 1 x 964 strip.   Once they are gone, they are gone.  This offer may never be repeated.

Cost

PFA financial members is just $99 delivered with a free Fredo Frog (sorry JJ, two can play at that game).  

• 11 months later...

IMAG1044_zpsdewlrmn2.jpg

And this photo taken after just a few minutes of exercise shows the amazing change

IMAG1046_zpsw80zzio0.jpg

Cost

do you still have a 993 strip left

• 2 weeks later...

AJ

I have a spare strip type keeper available for sale.  This is the simple L section type keeper shown above, not the wider and more elaborate "993 Pad Keeper".  Works great if only the edge of the sound pad is unsightly.

AJ

I have a spare strip type keeper available for sale.  This is the simple L section type keeper shown above, not the wider and more elaborate "993 Pad Keeper".  Works great if only the edge of the sound pad is unsightly.

Does the L section you descride come with longer replacement black plugs ? How much would you be thinking for such a keeper ? Are you attending Rennsport for a pick up ?

AJ

This keeper uses the standard locating plugs as the plastic thickness of the L section is only about 2mm thick.  Like in the photos above, provided the sound insulation isn't too far gone it does a great job in tidying up the saggy ratty edge.

As you can see I paid $99 for it and I used it for a few months and is still in very good condition.  If you EFT me say $70 I'm happy to post to you in a sturdy cardboard tube.

Archived