Porsche's in the Park

turboT

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry tony1, he also feels the same way about '994's (as he puts it)........... :(

And we had brunch with him.......

jeeezz, not only under powered, but precious too?:)

Tony1 has signed up - you coming Corki944? Saw your cars at C&C the other weekend, but not the owners unfortunately 

ok

chatting to JV911 this morning and we think we should just get the first meet going. I need to figure out exactly the location but we are going to go with Brooklyn as the first destination. As suggested by 29PeterG travel is always going to be an issue for some so if this first one works I see no issue us moving around the state to capture more of you and explore some different drives.

So - details

Sunday 3rd May

7.30-8am meeting - for those wanting to do for a drive I guess we leave around 9.00-9.30?

Brooklyn - exact location tbc

If its just me and JV I am happy to chat about his car for a couple of hours :), but would be great to see as many members there as possible so as we can build this into a regular event

cars and coffee at Cavallino is on the 3rd of May, right ? 

cars and coffee at Cavallino is on the 3rd of May, right ? 

It has ended up that way yes. But this is essentially why we are doing this. We are a rebel breakaway from the crowd group that is a bit sick of the parking situation at C&C and general lack of p-car focus. I mean would you rather wonder around aimlessly looking at the latest Alfa, or pumped up c-class with floro wheels, or instead meet a bunch of fellow p-car enthusiasts, check out metal you are actually interested in, and then go for a drive

We are basically the the new Bikers (without the leather and with German engineering between our legs)

So far at least a dozen of us and Autohaus have said they are going to turn up with some cars aswell

Be good to see you there

Well that just about sums it up then!  :wacko:

I also believe Autohaus do go to cars and coffee as well !!

and just to clarify,

.... not precious, just a P-Car enthusiast (and other cars as well) B)

Thats why i like taken photos of other p-cars and posting them for everyone to enjoy.....

Enough said....

Hope to see you on the next one, Thanks JV911, but i will be at Lambton on that day flying the Porsche flag for others to enjoy but hope to catch up soon.

The list is growing. In years to come these will be the names we remember as participants in the first 'Porsche's in the Park.' Anyone Welcome.

JV911

turboT

BJM

tony1

Dreamr

baso

MV911

trm

bora

galah66 - subject to wife

Autohaus

NickOo - subject to car

Dominicxu1 - subject to potential hangover

I love the initiative but I don't understand the need to purposely clash with C&C. Why not offset it and people get to go to both?

But late now for May, though...

It has ended up that way yes. But this is essentially why we are doing this. We are a rebel breakaway from the crowd group that is a bit sick of the parking situation at C&C and general lack of p-car focus. I mean would you rather wonder around aimlessly looking at the latest Alfa, or pumped up c-class with floro wheels, or instead meet a bunch of fellow p-car enthusiasts, check out metal you are actually interested in, and then go for a drive

We are basically the the new Bikers (without the leather and with German engineering between our legs)

So far at least a dozen of us and Autohaus have said they are going to turn up with some cars aswell

Be good to see you there

I love the initiative but I don't understand the need to purposely clash with C&C. Why not offset it and people get to go to both?

But late now for May, though...

Alot of us went last week to C&C but never got to meet because it is getting a bit out of hand and we were spread all over the place. I think we just wanted something a little more p-car focused, although will more than likely be back at C&C the month after :). If we get enough people along and there is a willingness to meet again then we can make it a regular thing and could look at avoid C&C dates.

Just my 2 cents guys ....

It's not aboit clashing with C&C on purpose (although it did occur this time)

Like most of us, I only get so much Porsche time and for the most part, I have avoided C&C due to parking, the too early hour I have to leave to get said parking, the too large a spread, etc.

While I agree it shouldn't clash, I would probably rather go to something like this than C&C.

I think if this was held say once every 3 months, it leaves enough time to attend the C&C, other SMT's, car shows, etc. without getting the minister of time upset .... it's also, as mentioned, a great way to put faces to names and actually meet the others we spend so much time with ....

You have nailed it Dreamr

Also to add - I hope we end up meeting and through our shared interest in P-cars want to hang out more, so that when we next go to C&C we all turn up at 6am and take over the joint! I mean we should really to this. Imagine that cafe surrounded by German machinery with the Italian pretenders in their low slung vinyl wrapped exorbitantly depreciating monsters looking on like some one just cheated them, but they can't figure out quite how :)

we so have to do this

Normally I would jump at the opportunity to meet fellow P-Car enthusiasts, however I too will either be at work or Lambton Park in Newcastle.

I will follow this thread with great interest though, as there is nothing better than getting together and talking Porsche with like minded people.

May I suggest the Hunter Valley as a meeting point sometime? Albeit a bit far for Sydney South siders, it's great for a weekend stopover with plenty of places to visit etc. As Dreamr said about the Central coast, I might be a biased as the Hunter is in my back yard. 

Adrian

Ok. Had to go and pick up the 964 today which took me Northside so I thought I would go and check out the potential destination as suggested by JV911.

Perfect

We have a location guys for the first meet - boat ramp park, end of George street, Brooklyn (just off mooney mooney bridge).

Just before get there you take a sharp right turn and directly on the corner is a cafe called the 'Brooklyn tuckshop.' They have kindly offered to open early at 7.30 so as you can pick up a coffee on the way through. I have also ordered loads of sausage rolls from them that will be served off my 'tea tray' at 8. Sorted

Couple of pics for reference:

24CE2157-303A-4FC8-BEA1-6A1264A7D588_zps

B7E27FA2-477B-4A3C-BEB6-5651F133A344_zps

BA1F95C4-8984-4BE5-973D-CF53321474CC_zps

2A22FD2C-B098-468C-9F7D-D1DD564A1AC4_zps

I could be up for it, put me as a maybe.. I'm landing back in Sydney the day before, so let's just see how I'm feeling.

I'm all for something regular and Porsche centric, I've also tried to initiate some mid week meet ups in the past with no luck maybe we could try again one day soon.

For some reason or another C&C or PCNSW events mostly clash with my calendar which is starting to really bother me as in not doing nearly enough Porsche related stuff :lol:

I could be up for it, put me as a maybe.. I'm landing back in Sydney the day before, so let's just see how I'm feeling.

I'm all for something regular and Porsche centric, I've also tried to initiate some mid week meet ups in the past with no luck maybe we could try again one day soon.

For some reason or another C&C or PCNSW events mostly clash with my calendar which is starting to really bother me as in not doing nearly enough Porsche related stuff :lol:

I would be up for mid week meets.

Any excuse for a drive.

Archived