Porsche's in the Park

turboT

The list is growing. Anyone know a photographer that would be interested in coming?

JV911

turboT

BJM

tony1

Dreamr

baso

MV911

trm

bora

84911C

GusTV

galah66 

29PeterG

StephenS

Autohaus

andrewbu

NickOo - subject to car

Dominicxu1 - subject to potential hangover

Caver - definite maybe
Edgy - subject to jet lag

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small reminder. Come rain or shine we are on. Hopefully we get a good morning and a good turn out. Losing count but if all come who have said + the additional outside of PFA (yes they do exist) we are looking at 20+ cars of all shapes and sizes. If anyone on the Central coast has any info of the drivability of roads around wisemans ferry this would be good to know. Will look out the route we did with autohaus and post when I have a chance. Only issue was the end venue was a bit average so up for alternative suggestions if anyone has them. There actually looked to be a reasonable pub back at the boat ramp in Brooklyn so maybe their is some circular route someone can recommend that takes us to wisemans and back again? Any suggestions welcome. Looking forward to meeting you and your metal!

The list is growing. Anyone know a photographer that would be interested in coming?

JV911

turboT

BJM

tony1

Dreamr

baso

MV911

trm

bora

84911C

GusTV

galah66 

29PeterG

StephenS

Autohaus

andrewbu

NickOo - subject to car

Dominicxu1 - subject to potential hangover

Caver - definite maybe

Edgy - subject to jet lag

Turbo,

Send a message to Lachlan Wright (lachlanwright1290@gmail.com) he does the photos for Auto Haus & has a Carrera. I believe he is on the north side, he has his photos on the web site " petrol fuelled passion" I think.

Small reminder. Come rain or shine we are on. Hopefully we get a good morning and a good turn out. Losing count but if all come who have said + the additional outside of PFA (yes they do exist) we are looking at 20+ cars of all shapes and sizes. If anyone on the Central coast has any info of the drivability of roads around wisemans ferry this would be good to know. Will look out the route we did with autohaus and post when I have a chance. Only issue was the end venue was a bit average so up for alternative suggestions if anyone has them. There actually looked to be a reasonable pub back at the boat ramp in Brooklyn so maybe their is some circular route someone can recommend that takes us to wisemans and back again? Any suggestions welcome. Looking forward to meeting you and your metal!

The Fiddler in Rouse Hill might work as an end point.

I've not been here before so not sure what it's like but it has plenty of parking when you look on google.

http://www.thefiddler.com.au/index.php

That is an awsome route down Wisemans Ferry Rd .... a lot of us have done it together on a few occasions ....

The only slight issue might be if it's raining / wet. It is a real driving road and will have the edge taken off it if it's wet ...

Anyhoo, we'll wait and see ......

That is an awsome route down Wisemans Ferry Rd .... a lot of us have done it together on a few occasions ....

The only slight issue might be if it's raining / wet. It is a real driving road and will have the edge taken off it if it's wet ...

Anyhoo, we'll wait and see ......

I know Dreamr - doing a bit of Rain watching at the moment. The forecast is not great, but these seem to change so hopefully the rain is all gone by Sunday. I guess bring an umbrella for the boat ramp and we will see how we go with the drive. Heaven forbid we might just need to slow down a bit..

I know Dreamr - doing a bit of Rain watching at the moment. The forecast is not great, but these seem to change so hopefully the rain is all gone by Sunday. I guess bring an umbrella for the boat ramp and we will see how we go with the drive. Heaven forbid we might just need to slow down a bit..

If Brooklyn got hit by the storm like the Central Coast and Hunter Valley, I think you might all need to convert out cars to amphicars to meet at the boat ramp....

On a serious note, you might want to try and find out if Wisemans Ferry Road is actually open as some rather large trees fell over the last few days and they might still be working on them .....

If Brooklyn got hit by the storm like the Central Coast and Hunter Valley, I think you might all need to convert out cars to amphicars to meet at the boat ramp....

On a serious note, you might want to try and find out if Wisemans Ferry Road is actually open as some rather large trees fell over the last few days and they might still be working on them .....

will check

The Fiddler can get rather crowded on a Sunday for lunch, plus you cant see the carpark once your in there.I dont like parking my daily there so its the wife car when we go there.

Another suggestion is that when you cross the river at Wisemans Ferry you continue along to the St Albans ferry,cross the river again and head to the St Albans pub, parking is a plenty and a decent spot for a break with all the cars in full view. I have been there a few times with the XU-1.

Dominic.

The Fiddler can get rather crowded on a Sunday for lunch, plus you cant see the carpark once your in there.I dont like parking my daily there so its the wife car when we go there.

Another suggestion is that when you cross the river at Wisemans Ferry you continue along to the St Albans ferry,cross the river again and head to the St Albans pub, parking is a plenty and a decent spot for a break with all the cars in full view. I have been there a few times with the XU-1.

Dominic.

I agree the Seatlers Arms at St Albans is a fantastic pub but it may not work as the end point of the drive.

From the Fiddler we can have a feed or refreshing beverage before going our seperate ways.

Can u guys post up the complete details when it's finally 100% settled :)

Also apologies in advanced when I come and cause a rukus with my loud loud exhaust :P

It's not us you need to apologise to ... its the locals that will be chasing you down the road waving their fists in the air and throwing all of the storm leftovers at your car for waking them up so early in the morning that you need to apologise to ......

Thanx Tom!

If my Mrs is able to wake up I'll be bringing her too

And dreamr it's OK I'll make it up to them when I leave coz I'll have the exhaust closed again :)

Loud entrance

Quiet goodbye

I agree the Seatlers Arms at St Albans is a fantastic pub but it may not work as the end point of the drive.

From the Fiddler we can have a feed or refreshing beverage before going our seperate ways.

Dominic.

just checked out the settlers arms - looks really cool in a vintage way. Its an interesting option. Would it bother anyone having to turn around and go back the same way to get back to Sydney?

Nope.

As I mention the Seatlers arms is a great pub. People could split from there if they wanted to as well.

With the weather looking like it's clearing the long way home might be go anyway.

Ok People  - tomorrow is Sunday, the first 'Porsche's in the (car) Park'

The Location - boat ramp park, end of George street, Brooklyn (just off Mooney Mooney bridge).

The Time - Sunday 3rd, 7.30am

The plan - Check out lots (hopefully) of P-cars, and by 9am look to go for a drive to Wisemans ferry. We then have a couple of options from there to can take a vote on the day

The extras - a bunch of us are leaving from the east at about 6.30am (meeting on queens street woolhara). We will then head towards the Pacific highway and look to do a pit stop at the Caltex just before Chatswood, not far from the turn off from the Gore hill freeway. If you want to join us for the ride up we will be there about 6.50-7am

Just before get to the boat ramp at Brooklyn you take a sharp right turn and directly on the corner is a cafe called the 'Brooklyn tuckshop.' They have kindly offered to open early at 7.30 so as you can pick up a coffee on the way through.  I have also ordered loads of sausage rolls from them that will be served off my 'tea tray' at 8. 

Hope to see lots of you tomorrow

Archived