Porsche's in the Park

turboT

So who is going tomorrow even if the weather is horrible???

JV911 and me will definitely be there mate. He is bringing his brother in a GT3, so no one has any excuse about the weather - anyone with that much power only directed to two wheels that is coming is clearly not worried about a little rain. Edgy just confirmed, Tony 1, asgraha, gusTV, BJM, itsuJack, KBJr4, Peter M and Gungle. So 11 confirmed, but 27 expressed interest. Would be great to see you there

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to catch up again with a few old friends and meet some new faces as well. Great location for a coffee and chat about our cars. Thanks again to turboT for organising......and that tail on your car was perfect for serving up the sausage rolls!!

What a great meet up. Thanks Turbo T for arranging.

Nice to meet more of you, fantastic to finally meet and chat with Jeremy about THAT car of his. Only needed better weather......but the quick zap up the Old Hwy with the Group 4 and RS4 behind was fun.

Thanks again....looking forward to the next one.

A big thank you to everyone who braved the wet to attend the inaugural Porsches in the park! 20+ cars was a great turnout given the weather. It was great to put faces to names. Looking forward to the next one.

20150503_090233.jpg

20150503_090221.jpg

20150503_090215.jpg

Oh, little bit embarrassing, but ended up rear ending the turbo. Car just let go taking a corner. Almost got away with it, then didn't...

Nothing major, just cosmetic, but now I know why Old p-car owners don't like the wet.

B5BB650F-4C75-4C75-9F74-CC8BE89CC8DA_zps

Oh, little bit embarrassing, but ended up rear ending the turbo. Car just let go taking a corner. Almost got away with it, then didn't...

Nothing major, just cosmetic, but now I know why Old p-car owners don't like the wet.

B5BB650F-4C75-4C75-9F74-CC8BE89CC8DA_zps

oh crap !   

Jesus - hope you're ok!

Lift-off oversteer?

I'm Ok - just a bit annoyed with myself. Lift off over steer sounds about right :). Close introduction to a lampost did the damage.

Just to add - bloody parrot (I'm English so excuse me - all colored birds are parrots) somehow made contact with my open window. Just heard a 'poouuff' and then the interior filled with feathers. After my 'rear end' incident I found the poor little bugger dead in the back seat...

was great to see some new faces, not that there is too much much wrong with some of the old faces 

huge thanks to TurboT for organising the day and providing breakfast

photos on the link below if anyone wants a copy feel free to download

http://img.gg/feZMNV3

Just to add - bloody parrot (I'm English so excuse me - all colored birds are parrots) somehow made contact with my open window. Just heard a 'poouuff' and then the interior filled with feathers. After my 'rear end' incident I found the poor little bugger dead in the back seat...

It was probably a Norwegian Blue....just resting.

Seriously though, that looks like it was a close call with the lamp post, a slighly different angle and a lot worse outcome. Good to hear you were OK.

I'm Ok - just a bit annoyed with myself. Lift off over steer sounds about right :). Close introduction to a lampost did the damage.

sorry to hear about the parrot  ...  the rest will buff out :-)

Was a great morning and well organised event - cheers Tom.

Glad the old Sporto failed to keep up with you on the highway (even in launch mode) ...bit of bog and a rattle can or two from Super Cheap Auto and it'll be good as gold.

Archived